• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:28 AM

Windows users with lots of addons might consider looking into using the /3GB windows boot options, which allows 32 bit processes access to 3GB of address space rather than 2GB.
http://msdn.microsof.....v=vs.85).aspx

Thanks Ben, never knew about that. I'll check it out over the weekend.

#22 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:38 AM

I have no idea if it actually works with Moviestorm, however.

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#23 ehughes

ehughes

Master Director

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:40 PM

A dream feature for me would be hair movement animations. I think the characters would move so much more naturally, if the hair responded to the wind or had overall movement.

#24 sgnr76

sgnr76

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

Would love to see some upgrades to the camera system:

1. The ability to create Dutch angles, as well as spin the camera 360 degrees along the X, Y, and Z-axis, so you could create shots where you are directly above a scene looking straight down on it. (God's eye view)

2. The ability to create custom aspect ratios. it would be nice to be able to create vertical video for specific applications, such as showing on the PC and laptop props.

#25 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5214 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

You can certainly get a God's view easily enough by targeting a figure and rotating but I agree the tilting would very be useful (it may be possible but if so,  I have forgotten how ;)

Attached Files

• Attached File  God.jpg   149.92KB   0 downloads

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#26 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:46 AM

I do find 360 degree camera movements to be a little difficult to execute, but they are possible.  For me it is a lot of trial and error, especially if the rotation is happening while the camera is moving on another plane.    I am sure there is a better process than this -- but I end up kind of 'outlining' the shot sequence by setting up a series of free shots at the keypoints in the movement, and then I smooth them out by converting them to target or close shots (depending on whats appropriate),  It almost never works in the first run, usually I have to repeat that process a few times, continually adding free shots to make adjustments, then converting them to smooth out the movements.  It is a particular pain in the ass if you are doing a rotation while moving with a character, as there tends to be a lot of "bouncing" effects of the camera with the available shots -- so I adjust with more freeshots, convert them, rinse and repeat.