3 replies to this topic

#1 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

Hi,

I just noticed something that I didn't know or didn't notice before. It is possible to hide a Prim containing an image. But if a Prim is playing a video, it will not be hidden. 

Now, you may ask, why do you want  it hidden? The prim is being used for a hologram TV screen.  IF I have to delete it, I would lose a very important voice marker to line up the videos, 

which I don;t want to do. I wish I could just hide a Prim with a picture or video. It should not matter. Am I doing something wrong?

Re edit

I end up just deleting the video prims, since they can not be hidden. I wish they could be hidden and instead just getting the sound from the video...

#2 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1134 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:33 AM

Hi, if I understand you correctly, a couple of ideas spring to mind. What sort of prim are you using? Some of the screen prims are 1-sided and if you rotate them will not show up. If that wouldn't work because of multiple camera shots etc., I have another cunning idea that I'd need to experiment with. Fortunately Harb has pushed back the deadline for the Passion competition so I can risk a short diversion into tecchie fanangling!

Would you be happy posting a screen shot or two of what you're trying for?

"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Hosting for the Urban Decay Pack thanks to Ichikaiden ... Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#3 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:29 AM

As far as I can see, hiding a screen does result in it not being visible in the camera/cutting room views.

It does not remove the audio however.

If this is what you are experiencing, then you might just try turning the volume down on the video before doing your render.

To do this:

• Right click on the object the video is playing on (so that you get it's timeline showing up)
  • Right click on the video playback activity on the timeline, and select 'edit'
  • change the volume down to zero.

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#4 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

As far as I can see, hiding a screen does result in it not being visible in the camera/cutting room views.

It does not remove the audio however.

If this is what you are experiencing, then you might just try turning the volume down on the video before doing your render.

To do this:

• Right click on the object the video is playing on (so that you get it's timeline showing up)
  • Right click on the video playback activity on the timeline, and select 'edit'
  • change the volume down to zero.

I am puzzled. It was still visible to me. Could it be a bug? I had 6 short videos to play on my prim and after hiding the prim, it only hid the original image but not the image or videos that are placed in the timeline...

I wanted the image or video image to be hidden but not the audio. My only solution was to delete it.