Reply to this topicStart new topic
Filter problems

blackraign9
post Nov 30 2010, 6:42 AM
Post #1

Upcoming director

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,439

I am trying to add a camera shake filter to one of my clips in the CUTTING ROOM view but when I slide the filter over my clip, the clip just turns to black video (even after I render it). It does the same thing for any filter I try to overlay on a clip. What am I doing wrong?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daleh
post Nov 30 2010, 10:47 AM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 3,720

Hmm, dont think I remember seeing anyone else with this problem.....Have the filters been working previously or have you just got them?

It would help if you posted your computer type, ie PC/Mac, and specs, maybe even a DXDiag report, then hopefully a member of the MS staff can help.

Often the cause of many MS issues is outdated graphics drivers, so making sure you have the latest manufacturers drivers, and not just the default operating system ones, can oftem resolve a lot of these types of issues.

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Nov 30 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

If you are still using the same computer+graphics that you were when you posted in
this thread then it seems likely that your graphics hardware is not up to doing the filters.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
Alutt
post Apr 19 2012, 8:04 AM
Post #4

Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,362

HI, I got the same problem than blackraign9 since I recently bought the Filter 03 pack.

(I've got the latest manufacturers drivers for my graphic card).

The previous 2-3 basic filters worked fine but the new ones just modify clips in black screens.

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Apr 19 2012, 10:06 AM
Post #5

Master Director
Group Icon

I would be interested in seeing the log.txt after you have added one of the problematic filters, please.
Log.txt
This is created in the Moviestorm user folder. It is emptied each time you start Moviestorm, so please reproduce the problem first. It's in:
Vista, Win7, Macs: Users/[Username]/Moviestorm
WinXP: C:/Documents and Settings/[Username]/Moviestorm

I would also be interested in seeing your dxdiag.txt
WinXP: Start->Run, then type dxdiag
Vista, Win7: Start, then type dxdiag in the search
Once DirectX Diagnostics has started, click 'Save all Information' and save out the dxdiag.txt

You can attach these two files to a reply, please.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
Alutt
post Apr 19 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #6

Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 19 2012, 10:06 AM) *
I would be interested in seeing the log.txt after you have added one of the problematic filters, please.
Log.txt
This is created in the Moviestorm user folder. It is emptied each time you start Moviestorm, so please reproduce the problem first. It's in:
Vista, Win7, Macs: Users/[Username]/Moviestorm
WinXP: C:/Documents and Settings/[Username]/Moviestorm

I would also be interested in seeing your dxdiag.txt
WinXP: Start->Run, then type dxdiag
Vista, Win7: Start, then type dxdiag in the search
Once DirectX Diagnostics has started, click 'Save all Information' and save out the dxdiag.txt

You can attach these two files to a reply, please.

Hi Ben, thank for trying to help.

I've just made another film test (just a few seconds, 2 scenes and it worked fine with a lot of filters). So I thought maybe it's only with films I started before to install the filter pack. Well I started again (from the lauching interface step) by loading the current film I'm working at and tried to apply several filters and obtained the same pb I mentioned (black screen). If it's what I supposed (a pb with only old films), it's not so bad if not resolved wink.gif.

Well here are the 2 files you required...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  LOG.txt ( 26.23K ) Number of downloads: 1
Attached File  DxDiag.txt ( 48.76K ) Number of downloads: 1

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Apr 19 2012, 3:24 PM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

Well, I'm a bit baffled as to the cause, I'm afraid.

Some of the filters do not work well with:
Depth of field
3D side by side rendering
Cel-shading

If you have any of those in your movie, it might be making a difference.

Or there might be a problem with backwards compatibility, although I dont think anything has been changed in that area for a while.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
Alutt
post Apr 19 2012, 3:45 PM
Post #8

Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 19 2012, 03:24 PM) *
Well, I'm a bit baffled as to the cause, I'm afraid.

Some of the filters do not work well with:
Depth of field
3D side by side rendering
Cel-shading

If you have any of those in your movie, it might be making a difference.

Or there might be a problem with backwards compatibility, although I dont think anything has been changed in that area for a while.

I've played a little with the Depth of field, true, but I always do... dry.gif. The 2 other things no (in this movie). I'm quite sure the pb is with every filter I got (pack 3 + base), not just some of them.

Well, if it's the right cause, to know it exists is already a good thing, as we will take it into consideration (for me as director and maybe for you as it's to write on the list of disfunctionnings rolleyes.gif ).

I'll try to live with this little pb, it's not so bad, never mind. Anyway thanks a lot for your kindness, Ben wink.gif.

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Apr 19 2012, 3:57 PM
Post #9

Master Director
Group Icon

Does your project use addons from modders? If not, it might be interesting for us to see it - if it is specific to your movie in some way, we might be able to work out the problem if we could see a reproduction.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
Alutt
post Apr 20 2012, 7:50 AM
Post #10

Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 19 2012, 03:57 PM) *
Does your project use addons from modders? If not, it might be interesting for us to see it - if it is specific to your movie in some way, we might be able to work out the problem if we could see a reproduction.

Yes, it uses some mods (very few I believe, but yes). Not sure I really need to use some filters for this particular movie, you know. I was just affraid there was a permanent pb for me with these filters, now I will just be aware by using Depth of field or not on future projects (or parts of these).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: