Reply to this topicStart new topic
DBZ special effects???

MattMcDonnell6
post Dec 27 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #1

Moviegoer

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,164

They should make Dragonball Z type special effects. I have a lot of ideas for films but i cant seem to get movie storms special effects to look just right for my film.

So I think they should make it. it would be badass. or someone else could make it...hinthint.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
luxaeternam
post Dec 27 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 3,041

QUOTE (MattMcDonnell6 @ Dec 27 2010, 01:03 AM) *
They should make Dragonball Z type special effects. I have a lot of ideas for films but i cant seem to get movie storms special effects to look just right for my film.

So I think they should make it. it would be badass. or someone else could make it...hinthint.

I'm a bit too old to know exactly what you mean by the Dragonball Z type special effects (and I suspect many others here are in the same boat). However, if you could describe what you mean, somebody might be able to point you in the direction of a workaround, probably during postproduction.

--------------------
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

+Quote Post
Chris Ollis
post Dec 27 2010, 2:31 PM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (luxaeternam @ Dec 27 2010, 12:40 PM) *
I'm a bit too old to know exactly what you mean by the Dragonball Z type special effects (and I suspect many others here are in the same boat). However, if you could describe what you mean, somebody might be able to point you in the direction of a workaround, probably during postproduction.

http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&hl...113&bih=760

--------------------
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

+Quote Post
andy_price
post Dec 27 2010, 5:14 PM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,442

I to am a bit long in the tooth to know about dargon ball (although I think my son watches it). looked at the pictures chris posted, and they look a lot like the effects that are used in pokermon. I dont think it would be possible for MS to do, or a modder to make these effects. However you could make do these affects in post production useing Adobe After Effects, for the fireballs etc. for the zomming sences where you have colored zig zags moving away from the character etc, this would be very easy to achive using green screens. Perhaps, when I have a bit of spare time (when tallahatchi bridge is finished) I will do a tutorial of how to achieve these effects.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: