How to stop Renew my subscription automatically

davidwww
post Jan 25 2011, 4:26 AM
Post #1

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 388

I would like to be able to stop Moviestorm automatically renewing my subscription, but I cannot deselect the selection box, it all so says (You already have an active subscription. Please wait until it expires before changing it.) but if it automatically renews how can i ever change or deselect anything.

Regards
Davidwww

--------------------

Moviestorm still Number One
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Jan 25 2011, 9:36 AM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

Can you choose one of the other sub options or buy one of the packs ?

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
daleh
post Jan 25 2011, 9:41 AM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,720

goto your Subscription Plan phase, for me, I am on the monthly sub atm, right at the top under where it says 'You currently have a monthly subscription' in orange text it has the 'Cancel your subscription' option.

I would assume this is what you click to cancel yuor current subscription, you would then have to wait for this months subscription to expire, , after which you can then choose the quarterly or yearly subscriptions which do not auto renew, or pick one of the new purchase bundles.

I am only assuming this is how its done as I have never acutally tried canceling my sub.

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Jan 25 2011, 10:42 AM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

QUOTE (daleh @ Jan 25 2011, 09:41 AM) *
goto your Subscription Plan phase, for me, I am on the monthly sub atm, right at the top under where it says 'You currently have a monthly subscription' in orange text it has the 'Cancel your subscription' option.

I would assume this is what you click to cancel yuor current subscription, you would then have to wait for this months subscription to expire, , after which you can then choose the quarterly or yearly subscriptions which do not auto renew, or pick one of the new purchase bundles.

This is a correct interpretation of the intent behind our subsciptions page.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
willshetterly
post Jan 25 2011, 2:50 PM
Post #5

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,351

QUOTE (daleh @ Jan 25 2011, 09:41 AM) *

I am only assuming this is how its done as I have never acutally tried canceling my sub.

I just cancelled mine yesterday because I want to get a permanent membership, and that's exactly what happened.

+Quote Post
davidwww
post Jan 26 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #6

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 388

I am a blind bugger, I didn't notice the cancel sub at the top of the page, as I had scrolled down to the bottom, maybe you should add another one down the bottom for all us blind people rolleyes.gif

Just so you know Ben and all the wonderful, terrific Moviestorm staff, I am in no way unhappy with Moviestorm, I think it's a wonderful program, but since last year when my mum developed dementia basically over night and other problems involving my wife's health, I have lost my enthusiasm for making movies.
I have tried several times to engage myself again but it's just not there at the moment, I really hope that I will get the bug again and start making movies, but until then, it's just a waste of money to keep my subscription going, Thank you very much for creating a great program and keep Storming.

Regards
David

--------------------

Moviestorm still Number One

+Quote Post
andy_price
post Jan 26 2011, 12:09 AM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,442

Sorry to hear about your mum, I hope she will be ok. I am sure you will all learn to adapt. And always remember, that you need to look after you too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tree
post Jan 26 2011, 5:52 AM
Post #8

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 963

I kept looking for the 'catch' when it was so simple and well priced;

Below part of my MS help dialog that may help others:
--------------------

"So I cancel my 1 monthly subscription, then bill me for the kids show bundle and (l click on BUy option) I receive a MS lifetime (for MS 1.xxx) subscription/licence; it will cost me just $75US all up?
I wont have to re-log-in to Moviestorm every 14 days and i can use my MS 1.x (or anybody's) thirdparty addons for many years without the need to pay any more money?
all updates to MS 1.x will be included free of charge.

then for buying new content i just use (and top up ) my points already owned.
IF/When moviestorm 2.x comes along i would need to buy a new licence for that.
IS this all correct?"

Yes, that is all correct.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm
---------------------------

If moviestorm 1.x has a development life of only 1.5 years then $75 is a very cool price to pay.
My Moviestorm Theme bundles purchase (which included my subscription) expires in the year; 2844... :-)

canceling my monthly subscription and effectively buying a 1.x MS licence for $75 was pretty simple.
the option to automatically renew my bundle purchase was still selected; i unselected it seeing i don't think i'd be using moviestorm 1.x in year 2844! LOL

--------------------

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Jan 27 2011, 10:16 AM
Post #9

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

Hey David, I'm really sorry to hear about your current situation, but I do hope you feel like coming back soon. Moviestorm without an old-timer like you is not really the same. huh.gif

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
Poulet Noir
post Jan 27 2011, 2:14 PM
Post #10

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,759

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jan 27 2011, 10:16 AM) *
Hey David, I'm really sorry to hear about your current situation, but I do hope you feel like coming back soon. Moviestorm without an old-timer like you is not really the same. huh.gif

I can but echo what Prima has said. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

--------------------
"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: