Reply to this topicStart new topic
What is the best way when learning to acquire all the moviestorm packs and stuff?

JoeBloggs
post Feb 26 2011, 6:19 PM
Post #1

Film Critic

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,838

I was looking at all the packs and music and stuff and it will all add up to be pretty expensive I think. What's the best way when learning, to buy or rent the packs and stuff, or just learn with the basic stuff and then just rent or buy what you need?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Feb 26 2011, 6:25 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 341

Except for some basic ones, like the different wardrobes that you would use all the time, I would rent packs you need for individual movies for now. For instance, if you want to make a music video, rent the music video packs for that one. Or if you want to make a action adventure crime story, rent the Law and Order pack. I don't want to discourage anyone from purchasing all the packs of course but since I have been using this program for four years, I bought the gradually as they came out. But to buy them all at once, it is expensive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
alteregotrip
post Feb 26 2011, 6:34 PM
Post #3

Master Director

Member No.: 8,135

For me, when I started out learning moviestorm, I wasn't ready to do huge things.. but the night I discovered it I happened to have had a night where my son was staying over at my inlaws and my husband was away on a trip.. and it was just a matter of the right timing, and using it to learn.

At the time the basic stuff was on trail, you didn't have to buy any kind of subscription plan with it. I think its important with new software, any new software is give yourself some time to see if its right for you, but to also be in the right state of mind when learning it. I say follow your ambitions but remember to read about the different packs, and see which one is going to be right for you. They do have a rental where you can get EVERYTHING, but for most projects in my case, it follows a certain set of ideas so a set of themes is there at a reasonable price, and if I need something extra, I go to the market place and rent it too with points.

But definitely, before you start any projects, do not lay out money to find out your not going to be able to use the software due to incompatibilities. I know for a fact in my case it was just the right time and right moment as well as me changing a computer.. I'm contemplating another program "Crazy Talk" but because I have spent some time really learning the ups and downs of moviestorm, I hesitate to add something new to learn just now.. but its a plan of mine in the future.

Best wishes and hope that you enjoy learning this program, its kind of fun and does some pretty nifty stuff! smile.gif

--------------------
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

+Quote Post
JoeBloggs
post Feb 26 2011, 6:38 PM
Post #4

Film Critic

Thank you both for your replies. I'm still just learning to use the software and am still on the trial.

Does the complete 2010 pack have everything in it? And does buying rather than renting per month mean having access to software updates?

+Quote Post
alteregotrip
post Feb 26 2011, 6:50 PM
Post #5

Master Director

Member No.: 8,135

https://www.moviestorm.co.uk/hub/membership

Both buying and renting allows you access to all updates to the software... according to the link above.

For me, I think its a great value, but right now I'm still just renting, although I would like to purchase this software at a future date and if you purchase it, according to the information on membership, it seems you have full access to updates and while you are renting you ALSO have full access to updates during your membership, if they happen to update with new packs for example.

--------------------
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

+Quote Post
JoeBloggs
post Feb 26 2011, 7:15 PM
Post #6

Film Critic

Cool. Yeah the complete 2010 pack does look like good value. I think when the trial runs out I'll rent for a month, probably complete 2010, and see what it's like and see how I feel after a month with it.

Thanks again smile.gif

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Feb 27 2011, 12:11 AM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE (JoeBloggs @ Feb 27 2011, 06:15 AM) *
Cool. Yeah the complete 2010 pack does look like good value. I think when the trial runs out I'll rent for a month, probably complete 2010, and see what it's like and see how I feel after a month with it.

Thanks again smile.gif

Or you still have 1 day to enter this competition and win it for free! wink.gif

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
JoeBloggs
post Feb 27 2011, 3:29 AM
Post #8

Film Critic

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Feb 27 2011, 12:11 AM) *
Or you still have 1 day to enter this competition and win it for free! wink.gif

Sounds good, but I'm still just trying to figure everything out. Thanks for letting me know though. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Mar 14 2011, 12:18 PM
Post #9

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

Complete2010 doesnt have Valentines or Filters03 (released too recently), or After Dark (18 rated pack), or the audio packs (2nd party packs - we sell them on licence). Other than those, I think it contains all the packs that are available via the marketplace.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
corthew
post Mar 14 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #10

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,729

I would think buying the whole package would be worth it if you have the funds or can soon, and you would be looking at buying them all eventually anyway.

Each bundle costs 75$.
There are six of them which totals 450$.
Getting them all together is only 225$.

That's a 50% savings off the individual bundle price.

If you buy the packs separately, (not in bundles), the cost will be even higher.

If the money isn't available, play around with the base packs until you can afford the whole thing.

There are quite a few free mods available to play with until you can go full steam ahead on it.smile.gif

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: