at the moment I'm directing my first movie with MovieStorm. First of all, many thanks to all you modders out there. You're doing a really great job.
In my movie an accused is questioned by a detective in an interrogation room. To make the scene look more atmospheric, I added the ashtray from
Then I got the idea to make my detective smoke. And it was quite easy. All you need is the smoke effect.
1. Place the smoke effect in front of your character's face. Make it as small as possible.
2. Chose the "flirty lips"-gesture 5 seconds at least.
3. When the fingers reach the lips, "ignite" the smoke. Chose the type and color of smoke which looks best.
4. Stop the smoke after about 5 seconds.
5. Place your camera in the back of your character and shot from behind. Make sure you hardly see the fingers, because they actually don't hold a cigarette.
To make the illusion perfect, do the following:
6. Open the mouth of your character, e.g. "start smiling" + "stop smiling".
7. Just when the lips open up, ignite your smoke again.
8. Stop the smoke after the lips closed.
9. Place the camera in front of your character, so the smoke seems to come out of his mouth.
The final thing you need to do, is to record that typical inhaling sound when smoking a cigarette. Have fun!
An example (without the inhaling sound yet) is here:
Love and success,