• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chadaproductions

chadaproductions

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:56 PM

First up, I think I'm the first person to post about all this. If I'm not, please tell me, and I'll shut up.
Second, Unfortunately, I can't take responsibility for any sad thing that should happen if you use these tips. It is very highly unlikely anything should happen, but you never know with computers
Third: If you need help with anything, I'm happy to oblige, and I shall do my best. But again, no promises there.
Fourth: This is not intended to be, or purposly written as, an advert for Movie Maker. I don't work for Microsoft or anything.
Now, with all that out of the way, let's get straight to it.

So, picture it: Bought Moviestorm for Windows, made a movie, but want to apply some smart effects. Don't have the money, or don't want to, buy some hideously-complicated-but-makes-some-great-effects software, such as Vegas or Final Cut. "All I want Is a nice easy to use piece of software!" you cry. "Something that can do Green or Bluescreen, something that does basic audio editing, slideshows, ability to overlay logos, other videos, and a website with thousands of other members to support you on my Movie Maker journey!"
Enter Stage Left, Windows Movie Maker.
Did you know you can do all of the following with Movie Maker?
First brought to us in the delightful Windows ME, Moviemaker has come a long way. I still use Movie Maker, and people have presumed I spent a load on a program such as Vegas or Final Cut. Whenever I get the spare time, I'm going to publish a few quick Manuals on how to do things such as:
-Getting Movie Maker
-The place to be
-Finding, downloading and creating your own Custom Effects, Transitions and Titles for Movie Maker.
- Chroma Key in Movie Maker
-Making your own logo's and overlaying videos in Movie Maker

I hope you find these articles useful!
Charlie

Edited by chadaproductions, 09 April 2011 - 03:31 PM.

Chada Productions
Video Production & Animation

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

#2 chadaproductions

chadaproductions

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

Article Number One- Getting Movie Maker
Well, this is pretty essential. Without Moviemaker (MMK) you can't do any of the following really. So start here, otherwise you are wasting your time.

First Up, If you have any of the following Operating Systems, you should have MMK installed on your computer:
  • WINDOWS XP- Has MMK 2.6
  • WINDOWS VISTA Has MMK 6.0

NOTE: There is a substantial difference between 2.6 and 6.0, especially for getting custom, 3rd Party Effects, Transitions and Titles. See the other articles for more info.
If you have WINDOWS 7, or have installed that little program called WINDOWS LIVE ESSENTIALS, you will have something called WINDOWS LIVE MOVIE MAKER. (LMMK) But we don't talk about that. None of the articles below will work with LMMK.
To get Movie Maker for Windows 7, Click Here. Make Sure You Know whether your running Win. 7 32 bit or 64 bit. To find out, right click on Computer in the start menu.
So, now we've got Movie Maker, Let's get started!

Chada Productions

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9176 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:16 PM

Yes, when I got my new computer which is 64 bit with 8 gigs of ram and I have Windows 7, I just happened to use WMM because I could import my Moviestorm video into it and it would import the sound and I found that I can render it in hi def and hi res now which you didn't used to be able to do so there have been a lot of improvements with it.

#4 juancardenes

juancardenes

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

- Chroma Key in Movie Maker

Chroma Key in Windows Movie Maker ??

How is that possible??

#5 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:13 AM

- Chroma Key in Movie Maker???
BS I Just Downloaded an installed Windows movermaker6 64 bit
and there is still no Chroma Key
What have you been drinking?

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#6 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1628 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Apr 11 2011, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- Chroma Key in Movie Maker???
BS I Just Downloaded an installed Windows movermaker6 64 bit
and there is still no Chroma Key
What have you been drinking?

It's not standard in the vista version, it's a simple to add plugin though. Just a few lines of XML.

http://www.wikihow.c...ows-Movie-Maker
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#7 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Apr 11 2011, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not standard in the vista version, it's a simple to add plugin though. Just a few lines of XML.

http://www.wikihow.c...ows-Movie-Maker

Well ok I could not get this to work but seeing as theirs several YouTube tutorials on how to get this to work it must work for some. guess i just not one of the lucky one's ether way have messed around with this long enough to drive me crazy

Glad you got it to work!

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#8 chadaproductions

chadaproductions

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Apr 11 2011, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well ok I could not get this to work but seeing as theirs several YouTube tutorials on how to get this to work it must work for some. guess i just not one of the lucky one's ether way have messed around with this long enough to drive me crazy

Glad you got it to work!

PapaG,
This only works for XP Movie Maker. For Vista, you need to go to:
rehanfx.org
and download SHADER TFX.
I know it says it costs, but the Chroma Key Aspect is free. He just throws in a bunch of transitions that rely on PNG files, and they stop working after 14 Days. Bearing in mind though, the ShaderTFX full version is only $14, so its worth getting!

Chada Productions

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

#9 jamesmackie123

jamesmackie123

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

Check out Serif MoviePlus X5 excellent cheap editing program. It has a lot of professional features and is easy to use. Go to the SERIF site and see. Charlie
From Jim Mackie

James Mackie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users