Blender Pose

kv
post Apr 9 2011, 4:51 PM
Post #1

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 5,849

Here I am again this time I am looking at Blender, I like how the skeleton looks, not as nice as in Max but still way better than milkshape or misfit, now I haven`t even begun to understand how animation works in Blender but I am going to look into it.

Anyway to my question, I notice the skeleton is not loaded into the correct pose, it is more in like the T pose, this of course makes making fluid transition animations a bit difficult.

Why is the pose wrong? Can it be fixed?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Reacher
post Apr 9 2011, 5:57 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,170

No puppet animations available from Blender, creating costumes is possible though.
Long story, if you're interested, review the other messages in this sub forum. The short version is:

None of the Official skeletons import into Blender correctly.

Chris did us all a solid and exported a Collada animation with the 'T' (skinning) pose and the base pose. From there I was able to make the base pose the skeleton's rest pose.

I made those skeletons and instructions for using them available here.

So, Blender (2.49) can be used for creating bodyparts, and creating original props with animations. Sadly no puppet animations (yet?). You could however use them to animate a puppet prop.

Maybe when 2.5 gets out of beta there will be a better selection of importers and something will bring in the skeleton intact.

-- Reacher

+Quote Post
kv
post Apr 9 2011, 7:46 PM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,849

Ah I see, thanks for the heads up, I was wondering why I couldn`t get it to to do anything with the skeleton other than load it lol.

Fingers crossed they do something that fixes that problem.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mneros
post Apr 20 2011, 5:48 AM
Post #4

Critically acclaimed

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,491

would it not be better to inform Blender about the problem, So you know they are aware of it? so that maybe they will address this issue in their next update.

beats crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.

+Quote Post
Stormscape
post May 27 2011, 5:28 AM
Post #5

Master Director

Group: Members
Member No.: 892

While this problem exists, are there alternatives?

How much comes into Blender with the moviestorm skeleton? Can you get an actual moviestorm character into Blender, animate and then render it with Blender's renderer instead of importing it back into Moviestorm?

Is that at all or in any way doable as another option until the skeletons work properly with Blender?

(And did the new version (2.57b) of Blender that came out last month make any difference?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
daleh
post Jun 8 2011, 2:56 PM
Post #6

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,720

Is it not possible then to create the animations in Blender, export them as Milkshape file, import to either Milkshape or Misfit3d and then export to Cal3d from there..?

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Jun 8 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE (daleh @ Jun 9 2011, 01:56 AM) *
Is it not possible then to create the animations in Blender.....

The problem is, as Reacher says "None of the Official skeletons import into Blender correctly." so you just can't create the animation in Blender in the first place. I notice that there is a guy actively creating a Cal3d exporter for Blender 2.5 now, but my understanding is that it is the importing of the MS skeleton into Blender correctly that is still the main issue.

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
neut
post Aug 16 2011, 11:04 AM
Post #8

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 378

Any news on the importer yet? I've just downloaded 2.59 and looking to give blender another ago (I have periods where I am totally focused and learning my way through the program, something comes up and I leave it for 12 months and forget everything) I'm determined to get a project finished this year lol! and will need quite a few items/animations smile.gif

neut

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Aug 16 2011, 1:30 PM
Post #9

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE (neut @ Aug 16 2011, 10:04 PM) *
I have periods where I am totally focused and learning my way through the program, something comes up and I leave it for 12 months and forget everything

We should start a club I'll bet there are a few of us laugh.gif

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: