Captaintank27
post Jun 21 2011, 2:48 PM
Post #1

Upcoming director
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 12,888

Hey folks.

Im currently thinking about putting together a lesson plan that is based around character studies.

When I was studying for my degree I found character studies really interesting and intuitive and gave me really useful insight into story driven narratives and character based dramas.

I am thinking about creating a simple template set (a screen for images/videos of the character, 2 chairs, table with a projector, bookcase etc..) but changing it for different genres and themes. For example, if someone wanted to study say Captain Ahab, we could provide a maritime sea based one, or if they want to discuss something simpler like Charlie from Charlie and the chocolate factory, we could create a wackier set for that.

Im thinking as well that it will appeal to a very large spectrum of students because the character studies themselves can be as complex or as simple as you please.

Are there any teachers here who could give me some creative input here. Would you find it helpful or useful for media or English classes?

Im going to create a few mock sets and I will get back to you guys. Let me know what you think and please leave suggestions and comments.

Thanks

Richard.

(apologies to Ben you will notice that this post has appeared in both Education and Education academy. I have doubled up too make sure I get some feedback ;-) )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: