inflated number of "views"?

rgr
post Sep 8 2011, 2:41 AM
Post #1

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 613

I apologize if this is a known issue, but it seems that every time I look at my movie page it registers as a view. I've checked several times to read comments people left, and each time it registers another view. I'm not sure of another way to check comments on a film, so this means every time I check, I register a view? Should I stop checking for new comments? Am I just more vain than the average moviestormer? smile.gif

rgr
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Sep 8 2011, 2:53 AM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 341

What I do, is go to My Account and then My Movies and then you can see if you have any new comments and then take a look at them. You do have to go to the movie to see the comment but I would not worry too much about inflating your own views. I don't check mine very often now. But actually movie views on the site are way down. Moviestorm used to get about 200 views a day. I got about 100 - 150 a day and so on down the line. Now some days Moviestorm only gets a few and I only get a few. I don't know if the website is still having problems with not connecting to the movies or not as it was a few weeks ago when this started.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kv
post Sep 8 2011, 6:49 AM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,849

I would have liked it if there was a feature setting that allowed us to be notified by email of new comments.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Armanus
post Sep 8 2011, 7:37 PM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,721

Youtube is the same way. there was quite the hub-bub a few years back about people there inflating their views by refreshing the page over and over and over. Each time of course was counted as a new view. I don't know if that's changed, but I imagine it would be difficult to program the players to keep track of and only count unique views....and if they did that means it wouldn't count views by people who legitimately keep viewing your vid because they like it that much.
you take the good with the bad I guess smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rgr
post Sep 8 2011, 8:01 PM
Post #5

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 613

QUOTE (Armanus @ Sep 8 2011, 07:37 PM) *
Youtube is the same way. there was quite the hub-bub a few years back about people there inflating their views by refreshing the page over and over and over. Each time of course was counted as a new view. I don't know if that's changed, but I imagine it would be difficult to program the players to keep track of and only count unique views....and if they did that means it wouldn't count views by people who legitimately keep viewing your vid because they like it that much.
you take the good with the bad I guess smile.gif

TMU and Vimeo seem to have solved this ... don't start playing the video when the page loads smile.gif

+Quote Post
Armanus
post Sep 8 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #6

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,721

LOL You have a point there smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jason3
post Sep 9 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #7

Critically acclaimed

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,708

If you set the film up to only have comments that you allow, then you'll get a mail every time somebody comments. I do that - I don't want to trawl through all of my old films to see if there are any new comments.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: