Using Moviestorm For My Drama Lessons, A really useful tool for a number of things.

chadaproductions
post Sep 20 2011, 6:01 PM
Post #1

Critically acclaimed

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,671

Hi Everyone smile.gif
I've been studying Drama at GCSE level, and I just thought I'd post to tell people how Moviestorm has helped me with my course.
Part of the coursework is to write about what we have done in every lesson. "But writings boring!" we all cried in our most theatrical voices (It was a Drama lesson after all.) So after of bit of persuading/badgering/bullying our teacher agreed to drawings and stick figures. But I'm no DeVinci, or whatever the mad one who cut his ear off was called, so this kinda put me off. And Stick figures look amateur, and I'm a very visual learner, and personally, I can't see how a performance or diagram can by exspressed by a circle with lines coming off it. (BIG SIGH). It looks like I'm going to have to write it, every teens nightmare!
So as I sat down at home, on Moviestorm whilst supposedly doing this coursework, an idea struck me. Could I do my notes in Moviestorm? In 5 minutes I had made a stage and replicated the school drama classroom, stuck a few characters in there, and print screened it into Microsoft Word with a few captions. And the teacher completely loved it, and tadah! I have a way to do 2 years of upcoming coursework that would otherwise have been completely tedious. So I guess I'd like to thank Moviestorm!
I'm planning to use Moviestorm for other aspects of the course as well. We have to script and plan our own production in a few months, and I'm hoping to use Moviestorm as a way of story boarding ideas.

I don't just use it in Drama though, I used it in Religious Education last year, when we made an advert for an "ethical business." Using Moviestorm, a character took us on a tour of the "Chada Studios" pointing out different ethical parts of the studios, ie, Fairtrade coffee in the studio canteen etc. Also this year, we;re doing animation in ICT. Can't think how Moviestorm would come in useful for that though(!)

So this is just a random post to tell everyone about how I use Moviestorm in my education. I was wondering how do others use it in education? Any thoughts?
Thanks for reading smile.gif
Charlie Stone

--------------------

Chada Productions
Video Production & Animation

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Captaintank27
post Sep 30 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Upcoming director
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 12,888

Hi Charlie

Sorry about the late reply to your post.

When I was at Uni a few of my fellow students used Moviestorm very productively for a lot of pre-vis stuff and it really helped the grasp working within a 3d space and better understand a lot of camera standards like rule of third etc.

I am really glad to hear that you are finding it useful for your work.

How about uploading some of your movies for us too see? wink.gif

Richard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: