Reply to this topicStart new topic
RIP Steve Jobs, A True Pioneer in home technology

chadaproductions
post Oct 6 2011, 3:48 PM
Post #1

Critically acclaimed

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,671

I'm writing this on an iPhone. Some of you may be reading this off a iPad, or from your Mac Computer.
I was on the school bus this morning. There's about 50 of us. Wherever you sit, and whoever you sit with, you are guaranteed to spot at least one iDevice.
All of these devices, and many more, wouldn't be in existence without Steve Jobs. Apple devices are taken for granted, in just 30-40 years the word "Apple" is no longer thought of as just the fruit, but the giant electronic company.
Steve Jobs suffered a long and well publicised battle with cancer, and Today, at just 57, he passed away. He was a true genius, and today, as I write this on my iPhone, and you may read this on an iPad, or from your Mac's computer monitor, before I head upstairs to finish some coursework while listening to iTunes, I salute him.
Steve Jobs: RIP

--------------------

Chada Productions
Video Production & Animation

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
corthew
post Oct 6 2011, 11:08 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 11,729

Although I haven't yet confirmed this, I heard the Westboro Baptist Church posted a blog on their twitter account using an Iphone, to let everyone know they will be protesting his funeral.

Can you say "Media whores"?

smile.gif

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post
chadaproductions
post Oct 7 2011, 5:57 AM
Post #3

Critically acclaimed

QUOTE (corthew @ Oct 6 2011, 11:08 PM) *
Although I haven't yet confirmed this, I heard the Westboro Baptist Church posted a blog on their twitter account using an Iphone, to let everyone know they will be protesting his funeral.

Can you say "Media whores"?

smile.gif

Yes, doesn't seem a bad phrase.
Although I don't know an awful lot about the Westboro B/Church, they appeared on the UK The Jeremy Kyle Show and if I remember rightly, they protested against gays and at the funeral of soldiers who died in action? Vile people

--------------------

Chada Productions

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Oct 10 2011, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

An interesting alternative view.

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
corthew
post Oct 11 2011, 1:02 AM
Post #5

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Oct 10 2011, 06:39 PM) *

While I whole-heartedly agree with that assessment, the Westboro Baptist Church members are still media whores.smile.gif

Jobs did a terrible thing when he convinced people that a computer with extremely limited flexibility was a good thing.

--------------------

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post
neut
post Oct 11 2011, 9:37 AM
Post #6

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 378

QUOTE (corthew @ Oct 11 2011, 01:02 AM) *
Jobs did a terrible thing when he convinced people that a computer with extremely limited flexibility was a good thing.

Your right we haven't even got the sketchup importer in the modders workshop

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Oct 11 2011, 11:38 AM
Post #7

Upcoming director

Member No.: 20,723

QUOTE (chadaproductions @ Oct 6 2011, 03:48 PM) *
I'm writing this on an iPhone. Some of you may be reading this off a iPad, or from your Mac Computer.
I was on the school bus this morning. There's about 50 of us. Wherever you sit, and whoever you sit with, you are guaranteed to spot at least one iDevice.
All of these devices, and many more, wouldn't be in existence without Steve Jobs. Apple devices are taken for granted, in just 30-40 years the word "Apple" is no longer thought of as just the fruit, but the giant electronic company.
Steve Jobs suffered a long and well publicised battle with cancer, and Today, at just 57, he passed away. He was a true genius, and today, as I write this on my iPhone, and you may read this on an iPad, or from your Mac's computer monitor, before I head upstairs to finish some coursework while listening to iTunes, I salute him.
Steve Jobs: RIP

Steve had touched so many lives in the world. I was saddened to say the least to leant of his death that morning. They say that the reason we don't have an iPhone named iPhone 5 is because the iPhone 4S is named so for 'iPhone for Steve'.

For me, I would not be in my line of work and got to where I am in my career without his original Apple II and subsequent contributions on personal computers and finally brought the mobile devices to the masses.

Rest in peace Steve

+Quote Post
chadaproductions
post Oct 11 2011, 8:05 PM
Post #8

Critically acclaimed

QUOTE (luongdavid @ Oct 11 2011, 11:38 AM) *
They say that the reason we don't have an iPhone named iPhone 5 is because the iPhone 4S is named so for 'iPhone for Steve'.

I hope that's true. That would be a fitting tribute

--------------------

Chada Productions

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Oct 11 2011, 8:26 PM
Post #9

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (chadaproductions @ Oct 12 2011, 08:05 AM) *
I hope that's true. That would be a fitting tribute

Really? It will be replaced by a new model in 6 months and completely forgotten about......

Oh I see your point wink.gif

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
corthew
post Oct 11 2011, 10:33 PM
Post #10

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Oct 11 2011, 04:26 PM) *
Really? It will be replaced by a new model in 6 months and completely forgotten about......

Oh I see your point wink.gif

lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Oct 13 2011, 1:03 PM
Post #11

Upcoming director

Member No.: 20,723

Guys, he is DEAD, do you have no regard for a mover/shaker of our times of 3 decades in our lives at a all? 'lol' is hardly appropriate in the face of the passing of a prominent person who had brought us the resolution that led to the very same PCs we are now making Moviestorm films!

+Quote Post
corthew
post Oct 13 2011, 10:31 PM
Post #12

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (luongdavid @ Oct 13 2011, 09:03 AM) *
Guys, he is DEAD, do you have no regard for a mover/shaker of our times of 3 decades in our lives at a all? 'lol' is hardly appropriate in the face of the passing of a prominent person who had brought us the resolution that led to the very same PCs we are now making Moviestorm films!

Too soon?

Macs are for people who have no desire to understand how their system works. I know there are Mac users who do understand the inner workings of a computer but Macs are designed to be replaced rather than upgraded. No matter what they tell you, no matter how new your Mac is, the latest hardware for a PC blows it away.
That's not that big a deal, I understand, since you probably couldn't afford to get all of the latest hardware in a new PC off the line but you don't need to.

Upgrades make it possible for you to replace outdated components.

Macs want you to replace the whole system everytime. Stick with them and if you want to stay as current as you can afford, you'll always be a year or more behind what you can do on a PC.

They charge ridiculous prices for tech they know you'll be embarrassed to own next year because everyone else has the new 16gig or 32gig or 64gig etc etc.

That's what Steve Jobs did. He created a monster. I may admire his ability to do it but not THAT he did it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Oct 14 2011, 7:44 PM
Post #13

Master Director
Group Icon

Here is one of the guys that Steve had to thank Didn't see much press on his passing though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
corthew
post Oct 15 2011, 1:00 AM
Post #14

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Oct 14 2011, 03:44 PM) *
Here is one of the guys that Steve had to thank Didn't see much press on his passing though.

If not for Dennis Ritchie many of the programs we take for granted would likely never have been written. Quick Basic was too basic and Assembler too complex.
The C++ programming language with its many library addons is almost as easy as QBasic and every bit as powerful as Assembler.

And of course, without Unix, Gore may never have been able to invent the internet. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: