Putting a Face to Animated Films Makers and Friends

luongdavid
post Nov 17 2011, 1:31 PM
Post #1

Upcoming director

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,723

Hi all,

Have you ever wondered about who are the producers, film-directors, teachers and animation film makers of this forum? Have you ever wondered what are the stories behind all the wonderful MovieStorm movie makers and their story behind the scenes and those who inspired them to create more animations, films or cheers them on to achieve?

Well, I admit. I have.

To begin the conversation and hopefully I have support of MovieStorm and forum friends, I'd like to suggest we have a place to share the 'inspirations and people in our lives' that helps to encourage our endeavours to create more films.

I'll start by sharing this with you and friends:

http://youtu.be/O51mq5xYXdI

All comments welcome
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
keithlawrence
post Nov 17 2011, 2:15 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 7,321

A nice, happy film smile.gif . Thanks for sharing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Nov 17 2011, 2:26 PM
Post #3

Upcoming director

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Nov 17 2011, 02:15 PM) *
A nice, happy film smile.gif . Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Keith. So where is your 'Face' that's 'Behind the Animated Film Makers and Friends'? Com'on share and share alike :-) Let's bring out all the 'real' people and great people and film makers behind this forum :-)

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Nov 17 2011, 2:27 PM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 341

Very nice film. Loved the music. I didn't know you did live action films too. What brought you to animation? I did an autobiography movie but I can't seem to find it. I have been an artist all my life but I never even thought of making movies. Then I bought The Movies game because I thought it would be like The Sims but on a movie studio. The game wasn't that good but the film making was and that is how I got involved in all this. And then Moviestorm came along and it is great.

Making movies combines everything I love, art, music, acting and writing so it just seems a perfect venue for me.

So what got you into film making?

--------------------

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Nov 17 2011, 3:05 PM
Post #5

Upcoming director

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Nov 17 2011, 02:27 PM) *
Very nice film. Loved the music. I didn't know you did live action films too. What brought you to animation? I did an autobiography movie but I can't seem to find it. I have been an artist all my life but I never even thought of making movies. Then I bought The Movies game because I thought it would be like The Sims but on a movie studio. The game wasn't that good but the film making was and that is how I got involved in all this. And then Moviestorm came along and it is great.

Making movies combines everything I love, art, music, acting and writing so it just seems a perfect venue for me.

So what got you into film making?

Those 'Live Action Films with VFX' were a way to record the 'moments' as we lived as a family so I explained to my kids that they can always remember those moments and remember themselves and us when they grow up when my wife (aka 'Kim-Sim' the star on on the 'Psycho-Wife' series...... hope Kellie is not reading this thread tonight or I will suffer the consequences again as 'Dim-Sim' ..... nonetheless, Kim-Sim would have seen this by tomorrow night! wish me luck! ) :-)

On the 'Chronicles of The Last Lightsaver' series, at one time, it took over 2 hours to shoot one scene of 3 seconds under the hot summer sun in Sydney last year when my daughter decided to be her usual 'pre-pre-pre-teen' self at the age of 10 and threw a tantrum on the set! After about 10 episodes of Chronicles of the Last Lifesaver in 7 years, I've decided it was easier to do 'animation' to record the family fun moments instead! :-)

Still, other reasons that I 'try' to do animation is it is another form of creative outlet for me. I enjoy composing music, painting, producing short films as well as creating 'culinary' delights for friends and family in my spare-time. On last count, I had about 200 recipes and was about to enter the Master Chef competition last year but decided not to in the end as I already enjoy my day-time job a lot and cannot afford to take the time off to enter Master Chef series.

Cheers, and how about you? Why the story of Nanjing? Most people would not know where it is and of that era. I do - as my Dad used to preach to me all about the Chinese history as he fought in WW2!

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Nov 17 2011, 3:38 PM
Post #6

Master Director
Group Icon

Oh yes I understand. I prefer animation because it is so much fun to do and I love computers and also I think it is a lot easier in many ways and of course a lot less expensive. I am doing Vautrin which is about the invasion of Nanjing, China in 1937 because Joseph Kwong who wrote the script asked me to do it. His parents were in China during that time period but they were not in Nanjing. However, their city was invaded too. So he wanted this movie made as a tribute to his mother. And it is a real interesting story. There have been documentaries about this invasion but only one movie that tells the story and that movie is about John Rabe and is called Rabe,. This one focuses on Minnie Vautrin who did a lot to help the people in China as she was the dean of Gingling University then. She also negotiated with the Japanese to keep the people safe.

And since I was a child growing up in Kansas, I have always had love for anything Chinese. And in doing the research for this film,I really love China even more. It is a beautiful country and the people are beautiful too. I know a lot of bad things have happened there since WW II and that is sad since they came out of that horrible war and survived the Japanese invasion. Surviving all that may explain why Chinese government is so aggressive now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Nov 17 2011, 8:20 PM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Nov 18 2011, 03:38 AM) *
Surviving all that may explain why Chinese government is so aggressive now.

Yeah all those foreign invasions, covert assassinations and drone attacks! Oh wait..... wink.gif

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
keithlawrence
post Nov 17 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #8

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (luongdavid @ Nov 17 2011, 04:26 PM) *
Thanks Keith. So where is your 'Face' that's 'Behind the Animated Film Makers and Friends'?

I´m to shy to show my face. However, there is some rare footage of me out there. The music is there to hide my scream cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Nov 17 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #9

Master Director
Group Icon

Keith, you are very adventurous. That is something I would never try. LOL

--------------------

+Quote Post
corthew
post Nov 18 2011, 2:14 AM
Post #10

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,729

You can see my face in my Rocketship video on here. I'm the one with the dog. smile.gif

There may also be one or two with me in them on my Youtube page HallsOfCort

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Nov 18 2011, 9:57 AM
Post #11

Upcoming director

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Nov 17 2011, 10:25 PM) *
I´m to shy to show my face. However, there is some rare footage of me out there. The music is there to hide my scream cool.gif

Bravo! That is so dare-devil! Have you tried sky-diving? Highly recommend sky-diving.

Cheers

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Nov 18 2011, 9:59 AM
Post #12

Upcoming director

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Nov 17 2011, 10:29 PM) *

Keith is now my new 'hero' .... dare-devil stuff!

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Nov 18 2011, 10:04 AM
Post #13

Upcoming director

QUOTE (corthew @ Nov 18 2011, 02:14 AM) *
You can see my face in my Rocketship video on here. I'm the one with the dog. smile.gif

There may also be one or two with me in them on my Youtube page HallsOfCort

Love that temple video on YouTube.

Still, looking for that video you mentioned on YouTube ..... Mate, you don't make this easy!

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Nov 18 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #14

Upcoming director

QUOTE (luongdavid @ Nov 18 2011, 10:04 AM) *
Love that temple video on YouTube.

Still, looking for that video you mentioned on YouTube ..... Mate, you don't make this easy!

I found 'Rocketship' here. It is a good video with meaning. And mate, I have to say this and hope you don't get too upset..... you don't make it easy for people to find your talent. Quite honestly, after 3 minutes into to search I gave up looking for the 'real' face behind what is a great film maker. Putting on my marketing hat, I'd highlight that most folks will give up after the first 10 to 15 seconds if they do not find what they are looking for in a video.

That is just my view. Perhaps you don't care to be found anyhow.

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Nov 18 2011, 11:04 AM
Post #15

Upcoming director

QUOTE (luongdavid @ Nov 18 2011, 10:53 AM) *
I found 'Rocketship' here. It is a good video with meaning. And mate, I have to say this and hope you don't get too upset..... you don't make it easy for people to find your talent. Quite honestly, after 3 minutes into to search I gave up looking for the 'real' face behind what is a great film maker. Putting on my marketing hat, I'd highlight that most folks will give up after the first 10 to 15 seconds if they do not find what they are looking for in a video.

That is just my view. Perhaps you don't care to be found anyhow.

And still, I think to be silent behind the scenes are great too. Although we are curious on this topic/thread to learn and find out more about the 'Faces' of the film makers on the forum. :-)

BTW, love the singing in the background on that vid:-)

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Nov 18 2011, 1:43 PM
Post #16

Upcoming director

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Nov 17 2011, 10:29 PM) *

Lucinda, you have many great mods I noticed in films of your forum friends animated films.

However, where is your 'Face' to 'Animated Films Makers and Friends'?!?

Do 'show' and we promise we won't 'tell' if you don't want us to :-) <tongue in cheek>

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Nov 18 2011, 2:03 PM
Post #17

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (luongdavid @ Nov 18 2011, 07:43 AM) *
Lucinda, you have many great mods I noticed in films of your forum friends animated films.

However, where is your 'Face' to 'Animated Films Makers and Friends'?!?

Do 'show' and we promise we won't 'tell' if you don't want us to :-) <tongue in cheek>

My own picture here is my face. Is that what you mean? You can check out my Facebook page to see my family and other pictures of me.

http://www.facebook.com/lucinda.mcnary?ref=tn_tnmn

Or did you want more personal history. I am 68 years old. I have 17 year old twins (adopted) and I am married to a wonderful man who happens to be younger than I am. I have had a very interesting and wonderful life. Have traveled all over the US and have lived in california, New York, St. Louis and Kansas City. We now live in Kansas City which I really like. I grew up here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Nov 19 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #18

Upcoming director

Thank you for sharing. I was thinking maybe you have some dare-devil videos like Keith's :-)

PS. I've uploaded another free music composition into the Collaboration thread. Enjoy

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Nov 19 2011, 3:09 PM
Post #19

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (luongdavid @ Nov 19 2011, 06:45 AM) *
Thank you for sharing. I was thinking maybe you have some dare-devil videos like Keith's :-)

PS. I've uploaded another free music composition into the Collaboration thread. Enjoy

I don't have any live acton videos of myself. We have a couple of video cameras but have never used them much. I have videos of the kids.

--------------------

+Quote Post
keithlawrence
post Jan 22 2012, 10:24 PM
Post #20

Master Director
Group Icon

I had a lot of fun in the snow today with my family so I want to share a short clip with you and expose my dearest friends and wife smile.gif
Fun in the snow

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: