Reply to this topicStart new topic
Are subscriptions still available?

nibl
post Dec 9 2011, 8:02 PM
Post #1

Wannabe film-maker

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,848

I just started evaluating MS, but I am totally confused by the purchase options. I can only find this page:

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/hub/membership

Both options are to buy MS. However, everywhere I go I read about "subscriptions". 1, 3, 12 monthly, in addition to purchase. If there are no subscriptions please note the changes on the purchase page, and in the forums and KB. It's totally confusing to new customers with all this possibly outdated info lurking about.

Thanks,

Marcus

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Dec 9 2011, 8:37 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE (nibl @ Dec 10 2011, 08:02 AM) *
I just started evaluating MS, but I am totally confused by the purchase options. I can only find this page:

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/hub/membership

Both options are to buy MS. However, everywhere I go I read about "subscriptions". 1, 3, 12 monthly, in addition to purchase. If there are no subscriptions please note the changes on the purchase page, and in the forums and KB. It's totally confusing to new customers with all this possibly outdated info lurking about.

Thanks,

Marcus

Don't you see those options on the page that say "Rent" ? When I go to the following screen I see the same optiions.

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
corthew
post Dec 9 2011, 11:37 PM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,729

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Dec 9 2011, 04:37 PM) *
Don't you see those options on the page that say "Rent" ? When I go to the following screen I see the same optiions.

If he was just looking at the buttons he would not have seen an option other than to buy.

Had you not said, "Don't you see..." etc, I would not have lingered long enough to see the word "rent" in the somewhat fine print.smile.gif

Also, you must click through a few screens to get to anything that allows you to rent.

The first page could have a rent and buy button next to each other to avoid confusion.

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Dec 10 2011, 3:47 AM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (corthew @ Dec 10 2011, 11:37 AM) *
If he was just looking at the buttons he would not have seen an option other than to buy....

He took the trouble to write and complain. How much less trouble to look 36 pixels further down the screen ? laugh.gif

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
nibl
post Dec 10 2011, 11:06 AM
Post #5

Wannabe film-maker

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Dec 10 2011, 04:47 AM) *
He took the trouble to write and complain. How much less trouble to look 36 pixels further down the screen ? laugh.gif

It's no trouble if it's there. I'll gladly look 1000px in any direction as long as I know where and what I'm supposed to be looking for. There is no Rent button on the page I linked to on my screen.

The only reference to rental is at the bottom of that page under Questions: "Where can I get more content packs? Our Content Packs Marketplace allows you to buy or rent further content packs."
So is Moviestorm included in Content Pack rental? I thought not, but maybe that's my misunderstanding.

The navigation bar shows Download Buy About. No rental. The membership page has View Product Info for MS Complete 2010 and Theme Bundles. Each of those pages have only a Buy button.

If it is in the fine print somewhere as corthew said, please tell me which page, or how I get there.

+Quote Post
daleh
post Dec 10 2011, 1:52 PM
Post #6

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,720

Ok, have you created an account and are you logged in here, becuase if i go to the link you provided i see differnt stuff depending on whether i am logged into the website or not.

If i am not logged in i only see purchase options, if i am logged in then i see puchase and rent options and both of those are clearly visible at the top of the page.

Hope that helps.

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Dec 10 2011, 8:20 PM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

My apologies nibl.

Daleh is quite right. If you create an account first then you will see the options. If you rent a pack then you get the Moviestorm software as well (for the duration of the rental). Personally I don't see the sense in renting, it seems much cheaper/easier to buy one of the $75 options outright. That way you have the software for good and a selection of assets with which to get started.

But no doubt Corthew will have a different view laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
nibl
post Dec 10 2011, 8:38 PM
Post #8

Wannabe film-maker

QUOTE (daleh @ Dec 10 2011, 02:52 PM) *
If i am not logged in i only see purchase options, if i am logged in then i see puchase and rent options and both of those are clearly visible at the top of the page.

Thanks daleh, that helps. Unfortunately there is no difference in the page for me whether I am logged in or not. The membership page asks you to log in to show your status, so I was logged in.

I think I understand what may be happening now. Since I am a new user, I have been given a free trial subscription of 14 days automatically. Since I already have a subscription, it will not show me the rental options. That's my guess.

Thanks again daleh for putting me on the right path. I think this must the explanation. If it is, I still think it would be better for new users if Short Fuze published a price list because I would like to be considering my options while I evaluate MS and not after the free trial has ended.

If this is the case, could somebody tell me what the current subscription prices are please?

+Quote Post
nibl
post Dec 10 2011, 8:55 PM
Post #9

Wannabe film-maker

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Dec 10 2011, 09:20 PM) *
If you rent a pack then you get the Moviestorm software as well (for the duration of the rental). Personally I don't see the sense in renting, it seems much cheaper/easier to buy one of the $75 options outright.

Yes, it's the $75 option I've been considering. Even if not for me, I can tell other people about the monthly subscription option. People who may just want to help me out on a movie for a few weeks, even if I were to pay for their subscription. That's a practical example of where rental would cost less. Make sense?

Maybe I should just create a second account so I can view all the options and delete it afterwards?

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Dec 10 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #10

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (nibl @ Dec 11 2011, 08:55 AM) *
People who may just want to help me out on a movie for a few weeks, even if I were to pay for their subscription. That's a practical example of where rental would cost less. Make sense?

Yes it does. I guess because I have never worked collaboratively on a movie it doesn't spring to mind.

I have attached the screen with the options can you see them OK?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
luxaeternam
post Dec 10 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #11

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,041

Dollars? What's that in proper money? (now that the Euro is a complete joke) ;-)

--------------------
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Dec 10 2011, 10:52 PM
Post #12

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (luxaeternam @ Dec 11 2011, 10:28 AM) *
Dollars? What's that in proper money? (now that the Euro is a complete joke) ;-)

It doesn't really matter since PayPal won't accept any of my cards anyway wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
nibl
post Dec 10 2011, 11:52 PM
Post #13

Wannabe film-maker

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Dec 10 2011, 11:09 PM) *
I have attached the screen with the options can you see them OK?

Yes. Many Thanks.

Btw, I just tried with a fresh account, but it still doesn't show that price list you get. But now I know why. A new account has the free trial applied automatically, even before using MS. In the screenshot below you can see this. The login at top and account status are highlighted.

Anyway, I know my options now and will either buy a 1 month subscription to fully evaluate MS if I need to, or buy a theme bundle. It definitely does make sense to use a 1 or 3 month theme bundle for short-term collaborators. Thanks for the help.

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Dec 12 2011, 2:26 PM
Post #14

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

I'm afraid that the rental options are no longer available to new customers, although they are still available to people who had an existing Moviestorm account prior to some time in the summer.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
urbanlamb
post Dec 13 2011, 1:21 AM
Post #15

Master Director

Member No.: 22,284

hi how it works for us "new guys"

you purchase one of two packages the $75 or the $225 package. I am low on funds right now so I purchased the $75.00 one and its now offering me the other packages for about $170.00 so you get a bit of a discount to buy the rest later on. (which I intend to do in a couple of months when my bills go down lol..)

YOu can "rent" stuff for time content wise but it seems like a waste of funds to me. However those are the two options

you get use of the moviestorm engine and whatever content package you use and can also apply or request to use the modder workshop and make some things yourself.

I hope that helps laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: