Photo

character randomly moves to a bizarre spot..why?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 benroberts

benroberts

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:53 AM

Hello MSers. I have a character in a shot, doing what I've set out for him, when suddenly- whoosh! he jumps to another spot on the set doing the same action. It's kind of sixth sense-ish. It happens when I place another character on the set at that point in the timeline. or can I do that? It's a ghost story anyway, so I may leave this spooky weird action in, but I'd like to know what the heck is up... thanking anyone for suggestions.

#2 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (benroberts @ Dec 28 2011, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello MSers. I have a character in a shot, doing what I've set out for him, when suddenly- whoosh! he jumps to another spot on the set doing the same action. It's kind of sixth sense-ish. It happens when I place another character on the set at that point in the timeline. or can I do that? It's a ghost story anyway, so I may leave this spooky weird action in, but I'd like to know what the heck is up... thanking anyone for suggestions.

I'm not experiencing that when I try what I think you described.

I placed a character on set.
Had her perform a task, specifically, she's alternately lowering and raising a bunch of roses, (I assume from the valentines pack).
In the middle of the animation sequence I add a second character to the set.

Nothing unusual happens.

Maybe more detail? Which action is the character performing? Could be a problem there.

Also, have you removed the character from the timeline at some point and added him back in?

If a character is performing an animation and you remove him from the set, he may be still doing the thing when he is placed back in again, like sitting for example.

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#3 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4731 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

Are there any held prop activities that say (base) beside them, for the character that is jumping across the room? That might lead to a situation like you discribe.

If it isnt that, it would be interesting to see your saved movie - it might shed more light on what is happening.
You could zip up the folder for that movie and send it to me at ben.sanders (at) moviestorm.co.uk
Put a link to this thread in, so I dont get confused, please.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd