• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1108 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

I´m in the prosess of learning how to write a script and to do some good work before filming.

I was wondering if anybody here have made a script in Celtx and made it in to a movie (MS or whatever) and are willing to share that scriptwork with me? That way I can see how this works. Watch your movie and your script.

By the way, squirrelygirl pointed me in the direction of Celtx and I´m glad she did. I had heard of it before but saw no point of having another program on my computer when I could just write on Word/Pages. But I see now that it is a great tool to have all the different stuff (character personality/background, original story, storyboard, music, set design, pictures, credits ect) together in one place.

Anybody wants to reveal their sacred script to me (with an uploaded movie somewhere)?

#2 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Jan 15 2012, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody wants to reveal their sacred script to me (with an uploaded movie somewhere)?

I'm reading one of the sample scripts included with the free one right now.

Wizard of Oz EXT.Forest.Day script.

I've seen the movie but I think this script may be for a play because I don't remember Tin Man referencing his father in the movie.

Anyway, could be educational.

Thanks for letting us know its worth a look.smile.gif

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#3 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1841 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

One of the things I did while learning script writing was to download scripts from a place like this and watch the movie on amazon, netflix, or somewhere like that while I was reading it. smile.gif

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#4 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

Thanks, Squirelly.

I'm reading Avatar. smile.gif

Very helpful.

Now maybe I can get it out of my head and onto a readable document. smile.gif

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#5 scripter

scripter

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

Keith,

I've attached my directors draft for Death's Door that I made a couple of years ago on Moviestorm. It's on my Moviestorm videos page, page number 2. Bear in mind that this was made before I had the equipment I have now. Anyhooo...

You'll be able to read through the script as you watch the short film to give you an idea. I made some subtle changes while filming but not many.

Dean

Attached Files

Master Mind

#6 grouchobeer

grouchobeer

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

Don't worry about what it "looks like". Unless you're handing it in as a project for screenwriting class, the only thing that is important (other than the content) is that it is clear to you, the actors, and crew.
NOW PLAYING: SUGAR BABES, Episode 7: "The Old-Fashioned Way Is Still Best"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102176

#7 ed

ed

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 373 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Here's the script I used for "Looking for the Truth" (I didn't write the script, btw).

The voice actors used the same script, which is why it's almost word perfect.

There are some departures from the script in terms of visual metaphors (which I wasn't up to making at the time of production) and some of the music.

As well as the script, there's a paper-based production log, which I used to work out which scenes to shoot (grouping locations together) which characters were needed, and which costume they should be in, and notes on various props and settings for continuity.

This script has been through various bits of software--including CeltX. I think it started out as a Word file. I know I could've used CeltX to create callsheets, etc. but I was figuring out the production process as I went along, and pen and paper is a great tool!

As far as writing goes, I've given up on CeltX for my own keyboard tapping and use Scrivener and/or Final Draft.

While it's a fair point that the cast and crew understand the script, the standard format has a lot going for it.

Attached Files