Script work, can I see yours?

keithlawrence
post Jan 16 2012, 2:00 AM
Post #1

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 7,321

I´m in the prosess of learning how to write a script and to do some good work before filming.

I was wondering if anybody here have made a script in Celtx and made it in to a movie (MS or whatever) and are willing to share that scriptwork with me? That way I can see how this works. Watch your movie and your script.

By the way, squirrelygirl pointed me in the direction of Celtx and I´m glad she did. I had heard of it before but saw no point of having another program on my computer when I could just write on Word/Pages. But I see now that it is a great tool to have all the different stuff (character personality/background, original story, storyboard, music, set design, pictures, credits ect) together in one place.

Anybody wants to reveal their sacred script to me (with an uploaded movie somewhere)?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ed
post Mar 20 2012, 1:58 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 2,070

Here's the script I used for "Looking for the Truth" (I didn't write the script, btw).

The voice actors used the same script, which is why it's almost word perfect.

There are some departures from the script in terms of visual metaphors (which I wasn't up to making at the time of production) and some of the music.

As well as the script, there's a paper-based production log, which I used to work out which scenes to shoot (grouping locations together) which characters were needed, and which costume they should be in, and notes on various props and settings for continuity.

This script has been through various bits of software--including CeltX. I think it started out as a Word file. I know I could've used CeltX to create callsheets, etc. but I was figuring out the production process as I went along, and pen and paper is a great tool!

As far as writing goes, I've given up on CeltX for my own keyboard tapping and use Scrivener and/or Final Draft.

While it's a fair point that the cast and crew understand the script, the standard format has a lot going for it.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  lookingForTheTruth_7.pdf ( 69.48K ) Number of downloads: 1

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: