• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kibishipaul

kibishipaul

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Have paid for and downloaded the classroom pack. Ran the install by opening the addon in MS on my computer. It's present in the list of addons but is unchecked and grey. I don't have 1.5 yet so am not using MS while I am connected to the internet. I prefer 1.4 until my latest project is finished so what can I do to get this pack installed?

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Paul

#2 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4770 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

The Classroom pack requires Moviestorm 1.5 or 1.5.1, I'm afraid (or presumably later versions once we get to them). A substantial reason it has taken so long to release was its dependancy on code in version 1.5

You can have Moviestorm 1.5 installed (to a different folder) at the same time as Moviestorm 1.4
Just make sure you dont load your 1.4 project in 1.5 and save it without changing the save filename, as movies saved by 1.5 cannot be loaded in 1.4 anymore.
This would allow you to make some scenes with the Classroom or the uniforms, without disrupting your progress on your current project.

If you want to ensure your existing version does no updates, you can edit either boot-win.properties or boot-mac.properties (depening on your system), and change the line update=auto to update=no (update=yes is also valid - it would then check for updates, and show you patch notes, but not update unless you click the update button).
The boot properties are found in the boot folder of your installation.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#3 kibishipaul

kibishipaul

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

Thanks Ben. I'll sort out the separate file thing later. However, it might be worth thinking about adding a warning note to any pack that can only be used in 1.5 as there are probably going to be a few people who will make the same mistake as me.

Cheers,

Paul

#4 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4770 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

The basic rule is that new packs require new versions, I'm afraid.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#5 kibishipaul

kibishipaul

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Jan 26 2012, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The basic rule is that new packs require new versions, I'm afraid.

Except when they don't such as the Indian pack wink.gif