• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 scripter

scripter

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

I've just spent quite some time putting together a Tsunami 'how to' video. I took at look at the Moviestorm Movies page and was like...Whoa!!! Does everybody call themselves Delores now? The 1st 3 to 4 pages have been taken over by someone called Delores (2-3 days now). I noticed that a few good shorts have been relegated to no-man's land, Alteregotrip's being one of them sad.gif

If I was a person checking out Moviestorm for the 1st time, I think I'd run a mile in the opposite direction, unless of course, you're all called Delores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatta waste!

Dean
Master Mind

#2 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Not just yours & mine but also the most recent bit from Loris Rizzo as well.. he did a nice one.. but its not got many views which is strange. blink.gif
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9176 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

It doesn't make that much difference how many new movies are on the page as to how many views an individual movie gets. Most of my views come from people outside of Moviestorm who probably see my posts on Facebook. Also movie views have been way down since last summer. Moviestorm channel used to get about 200 views a day. Now they get about 10 views a day. I used to get 100 channel views a day and now I get from 10 - 20 channel views a day. It started when the movies page started having glitches and hang ups which it still has from time to time.

#4 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

is this what is called "moviespam" lol I dunno I just chuckled at this post and have not looked at the main page yet but I mostly use youtube and sometimes vimeo and another site err starts with a k but I forget the name although I have not posted there much i keep forgetting the domain name sad.gif

#5 Yarmond

Yarmond

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Yeah I gotta admit it was getting a little annoying seeing the same kind of videos being spammed like that on the main page, but I think the person has stopped doing that after uploading 7 seasons worth of their show on here.

I can only imagine what their internet bill is going to look like this month. I hope they got the premium bundle tongue.gif

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9176 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

The series isn't spam. The filmmaker is a Moviestorm user and heck we all can upload as many movies as we want to. And most other movies are getting more views than her soap opera anyway.

#7 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (urbanlamb @ Feb 14 2012, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and another site err starts with a k but I forget the name

Koinup?

#8 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Armanus @ Feb 14 2012, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Koinup?

yes haha that is it.. I dont know why I can never remember that particular site. I lost it for a year once because I could not remember the name unsure.gif

#9 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 14 2012, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The series isn't spam. The filmmaker is a Moviestorm user and heck we all can upload as many movies as we want to. And most other movies are getting more views than her soap opera anyway.

Its a joke on my part but since I have uploaded pretty much nothing at this point I can understand. I watch my bandwidth though I have a 95 gig per month package and I am capable of exceeding that and have on many occassions so I am not in danger of uploading that many videos haha.

#10 Yarmond

Yarmond

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 14 2012, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't suggesting that the series itself is "spam", but rather the way it was constantly being uploaded over a period of days was "spamful".

I understand that we all have the right to upload videos to this site, but I'm not sure if uploading several 30 second clips to advertise a person's show is the best use of this right. I think it would have been so much better for the person to have just uploaded one "commercial" type video instead. This one video would have gotten a lot more views than any of their 30 seconds videos did, and other people's works would still be on the main page, meaning they would have gotten more views as well. In this situation, everyone wins.

I just don't think the way the person chose to go about advertising their show was right. This is of course, just my stupid, completely useless opinion.

#11 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9176 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

I didn't realize it was advertising. I thought it was complete episodes. Well that is different then. One trailer would have been enough.

#12 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Yarmond @ Feb 14 2012, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't suggesting that the series itself is "spam", but rather the way it was constantly being uploaded over a period of days was "spamful".

Definitely spammed. But on the bright side I had no problem telling which ones were part of that group and skimming past them.

They really don't get in the way at all. If it was nothing but those videos on page after page then I'd definitely be upset.smile.gif

She has the right idea though. If she wants to make money doing this she has to get the stuff out there to as wide an audience as she can.

Has anyone watched a whole episode to see if its any good? Its not my genre so I'd be a poor judge.

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#13 Yarmond

Yarmond

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 14 2012, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't realize it was advertising. I thought it was complete episodes. Well that is different then. One trailer would have been enough.

And I agree with you, if it was complete episodes, I don't think people would have had a problem with it as much. I would still say that the person should just upload one episode at a time and leave some time to generate interests and views before uploading another, but I'm no marketing genius, and I understand that people can choose to upload their videos whenever and however often.

Anyways, like I said, I think the person is finished uploading all these clips, so we don't have to worry about this any more smile.gif

#14 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 873 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Yarmond @ Feb 14 2012, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you 100% If the movies had been complete and free I might have had a different opinion. The spam line was crossed for me when the movies flooded the new releases page in an attempt to direct viewers to a pay for content venture.

QUOTE (Yarmond @ Feb 14 2012, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is of course, just my stupid, completely useless opinion.

So I guess that make me useless and stupid too? blink.gif

At least your opinion was based on actually knowing what you were talking about before posting.

#15 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Nahton @ Feb 14 2012, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you 100% If the movies had been complete and free I might have had a different opinion. The spam line was crossed for me when the movies flooded the new releases page in an attempt to direct viewers to a pay for content venture.

So I guess that make me useless and stupid too? blink.gif

At least your opinion was based on actually knowing what you were talking about before posting.

Very ordinary on Delores side..
3 pages of her Advertising shite..

I totally agree.. Every other movie uploaded just got pushed out the back..
Delores needs censoring IMO.

#16 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Yarmond @ Feb 14 2012, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I agree with you, if it was complete episodes, I don't think people would have had a problem with it as much. I would still say that the person should just upload one episode at a time and leave some time to generate interests and views before uploading another, but I'm no marketing genius, and I understand that people can choose to upload their videos whenever and however often.

Anyways, like I said, I think the person is finished uploading all these clips, so we don't have to worry about this any more smile.gif

eh its more clips? there were just small clips that I saw before anyhow me thinks the moviestorm site page for the interest of moviestorm even as its own advertising to get new users should only allow real movies and not ads in this sense. I am going to qualify that in that there are some great ads like say "google stooge" etc that were created, but are actual content not little clips of a larger project. In any event. I dont pay a lot of attention to that site page thing because it seems kind of buggy. The moviestorm page to me should contain just real movies/shows etc and possibly people should be limitted to 1 or 2 uploads per day without taking size into account eg: if you upload an hour movie that is an upload or a 2 minute skit that is also an upload.

#17 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

Well I agree that its Spam!

but she did make the first Episode a full one I could not make it though 5 min's mind you I found it bleeding boring and minuteness, It was even worse then my voice demo I may have been the only one doing the voice work just like Delores but I spent countless hours making one 20min show and I only made one!
her first episode is around 15 minutes long I would have to imagine the rest are around the same length.
I wonder how long she spent making each episode?
Because for every episode she made she made a short ad. at last count when I checked to see how many movies she had posted the number was 86,
me and Menros have made 6 episode of star wreck if we had not of procrastinated we could have had 6 episode done in maybe a year and a half rather then the 5 years it did take. of those episodes we only advertised 4 and we took some of the best footage we had to advertise and generate interest,
of the 7 ad's of Delores I did watch, in no way shape or form did any of them capture my interest. and if that's some of her best footage then she has allot to learn about how to make good movies

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#18 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9176 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Enough is enough. You don't object to people SELLING their models and advertising them. Of course I give all mine away. So what if she wants to sell her soap opera episodes. What is the difference between doing that and trying to make money selling models? I pay people to make models and sometimes pay voice actors too. By treating a new users this way, this community is driving away new users and thus hurting Moviestorm's business. Lets all try to get along and just be nice to each other.

#19 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 17 2012, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Enough is enough. You don't object to people SELLING their models and advertising them. Of course I give all mine away. So what if she wants to sell her soap opera episodes. What is the difference between doing that and trying to make money selling models? I pay people to make models and sometimes pay voice actors too. By treating a new users this way, this community is driving away new users and thus hurting Moviestorm's business. Lets all try to get along and just be nice to each other.

I think what was wrong was pointed out earlier by this person:

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 14 2012, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#20 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3247 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Nahton you really make me laugh some days, you should make more movies laugh.gif