Animated props question

corthew
post Feb 9 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #1

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 11,729

I've tried a couple of things trying to test an idea.

I started this test with little expectation of success but I thought it would be cool if it worked.

Is it possible as MS currently stands, to get MS to translate the ending position of a loop animation to the starting position for the next loop?

A walking prop for example.

My other option is going to be to test the speed of a nav_mesh and sync the walking animation to that.

Actually nav_mesh paths can be dragged longer or shorter to control their speed now can't they.smile.gif

Won't be a problem at all then. I'm still curious though about the answer to the first question.smile.gif

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rampa
post Feb 10 2012, 2:33 AM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,235

The verbs for props do not "drive the root-bone". What that means is that the root of the prop cannot move. So, your looping animation that includes any forward motion will snap back to its original position at the beginning of the second loop. You could have it move in place but be on top of a mobile nav-mesh. Only puppets can have their root-bones driven.

For number two, you will have some issue with the ease in/out of the nav-mesh and the non-easing of the puppet.

If you find a way around these things, your a hero!

+Quote Post
corthew
post Feb 10 2012, 10:17 AM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,729

QUOTE (rampa @ Feb 9 2012, 10:33 PM) *
For number two, you will have some issue with the ease in/out of the nav-mesh and the non-easing of the puppet.

If you find a way around these things, your a hero!

Thanks. No heros today.smile.gif

I'll try breaking up the nav_mesh instead of just dragging it to its stopping point.

The walking animation is 4 seconds. There is a resting point in the middle as the legs reposition themselves for the next push. Too bad you can't copy an animation sequence from one prop to another. That would likely be a nightmare of code though.

Are navigation sequences considered the same as other prop animations I wonder?

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: