Reply to this topicStart new topic
RIP Whitney Houston, :(

chadaproductions
post Feb 12 2012, 1:51 AM
Post #1

Critically acclaimed

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,671

Just heard the absolutely shocking news Whitney Houston has died at just 48. A true legend of show business. RIP

--------------------

Chada Productions
Video Production & Animation

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Feb 12 2012, 2:00 AM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 2,534

You were a fan?

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
chadaproductions
post Feb 12 2012, 2:01 AM
Post #3

Critically acclaimed

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Feb 12 2012, 02:00 AM) *
You were a fan?

I liked some of her music yes, but it just completely shocked me, out of the blue news.

--------------------

Chada Productions

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Feb 12 2012, 2:42 AM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 341

Oh that is so sad. We were away this weekend for my daughters basketball tournament so we didn't hear any news at all. Thanks for reporting this. I have always been a fan of her music.

--------------------

+Quote Post
corthew
post Feb 12 2012, 7:53 AM
Post #5

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,729

She really went downhill after the drug addiction. The damage she did to her voice made any serious comeback impossible. It is sad when one with so much potential is victim to their own need to fit in.

Fame isn't always a good thing.

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post
kkffoo
post Feb 12 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #6

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 283

Wow I didn't know that. Same age as me, what a shame.

--------------------

+Quote Post
andy_price
post Feb 12 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,442

saw this on facebook this morning, thought it was another of those sick post, until I turned the TV on. I loved her music, such a great loss

--------------------

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Feb 12 2012, 4:34 PM
Post #8

Master Director
Group Icon

What is sad is that it was probably drugs or possibly suicide. That a person with this much talent and so much going for her could do this always astounds me. Maybe fame is not worth it. And I have never understood how anyone could commit suicide. Life is temporary and it is so wonderful to be alive. Why would anyone want to end it. There is always a solution to problems.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chadaproductions
post Feb 12 2012, 5:05 PM
Post #9

Critically acclaimed

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 12 2012, 04:34 PM) *
What is sad is that it was probably drugs or possibly suicide. That a person with this much talent and so much going for her could do this always astounds me. Maybe fame is not worth it. And I have never understood how anyone could commit suicide. Life is temporary and it is so wonderful to be alive. Why would anyone want to end it. There is always a solution to problems.

Spot on Lucinda, but of course when you find yourself in a bad situation like drug addiction, its hard to see a solution to problems, and life gets so crap you just want to end it

--------------------

Chada Productions

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Feb 12 2012, 6:17 PM
Post #10

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (chadaproductions @ Feb 12 2012, 11:05 AM) *
Spot on Lucinda, but of course when you find yourself in a bad situation like drug addiction, its hard to see a solution to problems, and life gets so crap you just want to end it

But I also never understood drug or alcohol abuse. And I was part of the 60's scene too. I even was living in San Francisco during the hippie era. But even then, I found I didn't want my own mind to be messed up with drugs. I was very happy with what my mind could do without any drug influence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
corthew
post Feb 12 2012, 6:44 PM
Post #11

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 12 2012, 02:17 PM) *
But I also never understood drug or alcohol abuse. And I was part of the 60's scene too. I even was living in San Francisco during the hippie era. But even then, I found I didn't want my own mind to be messed up with drugs. I was very happy with what my mind could do without any drug influence.

I experimented in my late teens and early twenties and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Marijuana, acid, mescaline, shrooms.

I avoided the addictive stuff though.

I suspect an addiction is like binging. I've binged on a few things. If I get a bag of chocolate I have to eat it all within a relatively short time.

So if an addiction to certain drugs is the same as an addiction to chocolate I'm glad I never went that far.

And if that's what its like then it shouldn't be treated as a criminal offence.

The only thing about it that's criminal is that our bodies are made that way to begin with.

--------------------

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post
PapaG
post Feb 12 2012, 11:23 PM
Post #12

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,574

QUOTE (corthew @ Feb 12 2012, 06:44 PM) *
I experimented in my late teens and early twenties and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Marijuana, acid, mescaline, shrooms.

I avoided the addictive stuff though.

I suspect an addiction is like binging. I've binged on a few things. If I get a bag of chocolate I have to eat it all within a relatively short time.

So if an addiction to certain drugs is the same as an addiction to chocolate I'm glad I never went that far.

And if that's what its like then it shouldn't be treated as a criminal offence.

The only thing about it that's criminal is that our bodies are made that way to begin with.

when I was 18 and my parents where out of town, I threw a party and had all my friends over Music & alcohol. but I have alway been a bit Hyper active and get excited way to easily, it's some times annoying. any ways to solve the problem my so called friend's laced a Oreo cookie with some drug they though would help mellow me out! I don't remember much but I know Mixed with the alcohol, I near committed suicide that night thank fully the same friends who druged me stop me from being successful in my suicide attempt and I am still alive to day but that little stint there turned me off of drugs forever!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Armanus
post Feb 13 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #13

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,721

Often drug or alcohol addiction isn't so much about the chemical as it is about dulling emotional pain. Once the addiction really takes grip it creates more pain. It's a vicious cycle. Eventually a person hits bottom and recognizes the problem, then recovers. All to often, though, the end is much more tragic. Whitney had a tremendous talent, but obviously a lot of issues that she never successfully resolved. The tragedy isn't just her dying or wasted potential, but that she allowed one to snuff out the other. Talent and fame are not enough if you can't live with yourself.
That's the ugly truth about addiction.

--------------------

+Quote Post
urbanlamb
post Feb 13 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #14

Master Director

Member No.: 22,284

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 12 2012, 06:17 PM) *

I am one of those people who can't even stand getting drunk lol I think its personality type really. My worste claim to addiction was that I smoked for about 10 years when i was 20-30 ish. I decided at the end of that 10 years it was too expensive and I didn't really like it that much anymore and put the cigarettes in the garbage and walked away. Most people can't do that with addicting substances lol yeah i was a bit under the weather for a few days but after that I wondered why I even bothered. As for any other addicting substance I hate being drowsy or tipsy or whatever from booze. I tried marajuana once and it made me sleepy... lol

So I really can't understand addiction either since well even when I was addicted to something it took me to simply walk away the first time. All I know is that you have to abuse those substances a lot before you really are that addicted and in the end I think like most things its more the psychological addiction and not the physical addiction that people have issues with when trying to quit as well the physical stuff although uncomfortable lasts about 3 days and then its over. So its a personality thing as well hehe and likely what makes addicts into addicts because anyone finding something unpleasant who does not get heavily mentally dependant on something will simply stop and get it out of their system. Otherwise people who quit would not years later suddenly go back to something like this.

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Feb 13 2012, 12:57 AM
Post #15

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Armanus @ Feb 12 2012, 06:14 PM) *
Often drug or alcohol addiction isn't so much about the chemical as it is about dulling emotional pain. Once the addiction really takes grip it creates more pain. It's a vicious cycle. Eventually a person hits bottom and recognizes the problem, then recovers. All to often, though, the end is much more tragic. Whitney had a tremendous talent, but obviously a lot of issues that she never successfully resolved. The tragedy isn't just her dying or wasted potential, but that she allowed one to snuff out the other. Talent and fame are not enough if you can't live with yourself.
That's the ugly truth about addiction.

Yes and it is so sad. So many people in the entertainment business have severe problems. I know there is a lot of pressure to do with this business. Maybe that is what causes people to get involved in drugs and alcohol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkffoo
post Feb 13 2012, 9:17 AM
Post #16

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 283

I believe there's a biological component to addiction in addition also, some people are just more vulnerable to it for all sorts of reasons, and then it becomes a trap.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Feb 13 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #17

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Feb 13 2012, 03:17 AM) *
I believe there's a biological component to addiction in addition also, some people are just more vulnerable to it for all sorts of reasons, and then it becomes a trap.

Yes you are right about that kkffoo. But luckily it isn't always inherited by the children. They are saying now it was a combination of Xanax and alcohol and that she fell asleep in the bathtub and perhaps drowned. A family relative found her and pulled her out of the bathtub and administered CPR.

They have an extended Good Morning America this morning all devoted to Whitney Houston and hearing all the music just touches my heart. I have always loved music.

--------------------

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Feb 13 2012, 11:46 PM
Post #18

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 13 2012, 04:34 AM) *
Life is temporary and it is so wonderful to be alive. Why would anyone want to end it. There is always a solution to problems.

I hope you never get to the position where you realise that the only solution is to end it all. Many, many people unfortunately do.

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
corthew
post Feb 14 2012, 12:19 AM
Post #19

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Feb 13 2012, 07:46 PM) *
I hope you never get to the position where you realise that the only solution is to end it all. Many, many people unfortunately do.

Been there, done that, failed miserably and damn glad I did.smile.gif

Its sad that some do not fail, however, if they are successful they'll never miss anything...good or bad...so I don't suppose it should matter so much to the rest of us.

The really sad ones are those who botch it in the worst possible way and must live with that reality.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Feb 14 2012, 12:25 AM
Post #20

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Feb 13 2012, 05:46 PM) *

Nope, I plan to be immortal. LOL!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: