No sound in rendered video

iceaxe
post Feb 12 2012, 4:03 PM
Post #1

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 1,592

After rendering to HuffYUV I get a file which plays in Media player with crackly sound, and when I bring into Vegas it has no sound at all. The Vegas Explorer reports the file as being 00:00:00.02 long.

I'm sure there used to be options for selecting the audio type (compressed or not - I always select uncompressed PCM) but these options seem to have been removed.

Any ideas?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Feb 12 2012, 4:27 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 341

Yes I had the same problem importing Huffy to VEGAS. Here is what I did. It is a lot of work but worth it. I place a camera cut before and after each line of speech. I first move the camera where I want it and then make a camera cut and then do the same when that line is finished. And then I render the whole thing and it imports fine into Vegas with all the voice overs intact as well as any other sounds that take place within those camera cuts. I don't know why this works but it does but as I said, it is a lot of work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
iceaxe
post Feb 12 2012, 4:41 PM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Some additional information.

I've tried importing the file into Audicity and it reports:

"Audacity recognized the type of the file [pathname]. Importers supposedly supporting such files are:
FFmpeg-compatible files, but none of them understood this file format"

--------------------

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Feb 12 2012, 4:55 PM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

I always has problems getting the sound in a movie made with MOVIESTORM to import into Vegas. So what I used to do was to import the video into Windows Movie Maker and export the sound as a track and then import that into Vegas. But I don't think the Huffy files will import into Windows Movie Maker either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nahton
post Feb 12 2012, 6:49 PM
Post #5

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (iceaxe @ Feb 12 2012, 11:03 AM) *
I'm sure there used to be options for selecting the audio type (compressed or not - I always select uncompressed PCM) but these options seem to have been removed.

Any ideas?

I can confirm there used to be a PCM selection option because it's what I used to use. I don't have the option to select it anymore but I am able to import into Vegas with sound.

Have you any other factors at play here such as a new computer? If so make sure you install and configure the K-Lite codec pack.

Check out this post for more info:

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/forums/index.p...ost&p=85023

+Quote Post
kkffoo
post Feb 12 2012, 7:25 PM
Post #6

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 283

QUOTE (iceaxe @ Feb 12 2012, 04:03 PM) *
After rendering to HuffYUV I get a file which plays in Media player with crackly sound, and when I bring into Vegas it has no sound at all. The Vegas Explorer reports the file as being 00:00:00.02 long.

Any ideas?

Blurglenumpfroodiebecker

Sorry too excited to speak, Friar making another movie? ..oo

--------------------

+Quote Post
iceaxe
post Feb 12 2012, 8:11 PM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nahton @ Feb 12 2012, 06:49 PM) *
If so make sure you install and configure the K-Lite codec pack.

Check out this post for more info:

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/forums/index.p...ost&p=85023

Thanks for the link Nahton. I've downloaded the K-Lite codec pack as a link has appeared in the publisher's view, and I've followed the config suggestions in the thread, but to no avail sad.gif
I do have a workaround though; having rendered the video I then render out a duplicate version but at only 320x180. This low-res file has the audio intact, so I can use that audio track in Vegas, along with my 1280x720 video - it's a pain but it'll do for now.
(Of course, if Moviestorm hadn't stripped out the PCM audio export I wouldn't have to create a redundant video file in the first place! Did you ever hear of an upgrade which had fewer options that the old version?)

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Feb 12 2012, 07:25 PM) *
Blurglenumpfroodiebecker

Sorry too excited to speak, Friar making another movie? ..oo

Oh yes. And a rather topical one at that... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rwtread01
post Feb 12 2012, 9:56 PM
Post #8

Wannabe film-maker

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,755

no video with huffy its all screwed up now, never had a problem with the old way now nothing works when i try to render if not audio only its video only.

+Quote Post
Nahton
post Feb 12 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #9

Master Director
Group Icon

This issues has come up repeatedly over the years and I'm not sure there has ever been a confirmed answer of what exactly gets it to work.

Can anyone who comes across this thread who uses the Huffyuv render option and Sony Vegas indicate whether they have sound or not? Have you installed any codecs.

It would be useful to include Operating System information:

XP or Win7
If Win7: 32 or 64 bit

Also please include what version of Vegas you are using.

I am using XP and Vegas Platinum 9
I thought the K-lite codec pack worked for me but I was installing a lot of codecs based on information I was seeing online. I know I also installed the Morgan codec pack.

I'm seeing information online that mentions Divx codecs helping in some cases and I do have Divx on my PC.

It also appears that there is a 64 bit version of Huffyuv. This thread has some information:

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/309795-...n-7-and-Huffyuv

I will shortly be migrating to a Windows 7 64 bit system so I can be a test case for trying to identify what works.

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Feb 13 2012, 1:12 AM
Post #10

Master Director
Group Icon

I installed the codecs and it made no difference. I have a 64 bit computer with Windows 7. However I use my old computer for Sony Vegas and that is XP operating system. But I have never been able to get Vegas to import the sound with Moviestorm movies even with the old version of Moviestorm. I usually just add the voice files when I am doing the film editing in Vegas and I use all my own sound effects.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rwtread01
post Feb 13 2012, 3:11 AM
Post #11

Wannabe film-maker

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,755

before the upgrade all my renders worked fine in vegas 32 bit vista system avi and wmv no issues untill now.

+Quote Post
Nahton
post Feb 13 2012, 3:46 AM
Post #12

Master Director
Group Icon

Could someone from Moviestorm please inform us what the sound render format is when you select Huffyuv?

Is there any chance of re-adding the PCM option?

+Quote Post
Nahton
post Feb 13 2012, 11:49 AM
Post #13

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nahton @ Feb 12 2012, 10:46 PM) *
Could someone from Moviestorm please inform us what the sound render format is when you select Huffyuv?

Is there any chance of re-adding the PCM option?

I see from reading Ben's reply to Corthew's "Huffy Issues" thread and looking at the ffpreset file that the audio render with Huffyuv is set to PCM:

name=Lossless (HuffYUV)
container=avi
vcodec=huffyuv
acodec=pcm

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Feb 13 2012, 11:56 AM
Post #14

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

The line in the conf/ffpreset/05 huffyuv is
acodec=pcm
so I would presume that the audio is pcm. Although if this is different to PCM, that could cause problems, I suppose.
I think this is being used to indicate PCM signed 16-bit little-endian.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
Nahton
post Feb 14 2012, 4:33 AM
Post #15

Master Director
Group Icon

Interesting...

I now have Vegas and Moviestorm on a Win7 64 bit PC and I rendered a short clip without adding on any codecs. The sound is fine and Sony recognizes it but there is no video. Before I got installed Vegas on the new PC I took the same rendered clip and copied it to my old PC. Moviestorm renders from that PC worked in Vegas on that PC. The clip from my new PC had the same no-video but good audio result I just duplicated Before I installed the codecs on the old PC the problem was reversed with the video working in Vegas, while the audio didn't. Tomorrow I'll move on to installing the codec.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: