Photo

The most agrivating detail I consistently forget.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hopefully after posting this I'll have it so firmly planted in my brain that I'll never forget again.

For simple props I keep forgetting to add a bone.

I'll go through the Modders Workshop steps, it won't show, I'll go back and check folder structure, delete and replace everything, resize the object in case it was just too big, re-open it in Misfit again, (several times), be totally confused since it looks the same other than shape and texture, as the one I did two days ago that works perfectly.

I'll go through all that repeatedly before it dawns on me that I didn't add a single bone for MovieStorm to calculate its position from.

I'm still new at this and hopefully this post will sticky it to my brainstem.wink.gif

Just curious if anyone else suffers from the same lack of attention to small details as I. smile.gif

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#2 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 814 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (corthew @ Feb 18 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For simple props I keep forgetting to add a bone.
Just curious if anyone else suffers from the same lack of attention to small details as I. smile.gif

Uh...me? Um...*cough cough*...of course...not.
*shifty eyes*
That's a ridiculous thing...to...uh...even......SIGH

*Raises guilty hand*

Did it yesterday as a matter of fact...Glad to know I'm not alone.

C

#3 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4746 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

If your prop is not animated, you can just add the skeleton from another prop that isnt animated either. But Moviestorm does look for the skeleton files as indicators as to which folders have props in them. No skeleton = not a prop.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd