Reply to this topicStart new topic
Animated "Backgrounds" Props

alonzo11208
post Mar 5 2012, 3:45 PM
Post #1

Master Director

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,285

Hey guys. I've been having a majour thought about something concerning "backgrounds"...

Basically heres my thought process in short...

Since Im doing a scifi, there are often times when spaceships go into "warp/ftl/hyperspace/etc". I've tried numerous methods in Moviestorm and Post Production (just look at VAL and SOF if need be), but in the end they often end up requiring the SPACESHIP to move.

A recent look at star trek technical details and I noticed at times the prop ship really didnt move at all, but instead it was the camera and background prop. That background prop which was conular in shape and semi-transparent.

In Short: Why not make a semi-transparent prop that plays a repeated wormhole/star flyby animation that simulates the ship is moving?

So in short in short: My question for anyone really, is it possible to create such a semi-transparent prop to do such?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Mar 5 2012, 3:51 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

It should be possible to create something like that; if you had Chris's Moddingstorm horse pack that you could look at his UV animated hedgerows that are to be used with stationary horse-galoping-on-the-spot to make it look like it's going. One could probably do something very similar for space.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
alonzo11208
post Mar 8 2012, 3:01 AM
Post #3

Master Director

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,285

Hmmm, thanks Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: