3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Can someone please do something about the DelorisDay spam vids?

corthew
post Apr 3 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #41

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 11,729

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Apr 3 2012, 07:02 AM) *
Not because they were spam, but because they were not relevant content to a site that featured purely MS material.

So MS does not consider mass quantities of video ads all advertising the same thing and uploaded in a short timeframe as spam?

I do not believe you believe that.

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Ollis
post Apr 3 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #42

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Spam made in Moviestorm is still advertising Moviestorm as a production tool.
Plus more movies uploaded show the product is popular to investors.

So its a win win situation for the office

--------------------
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Apr 3 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #43

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Apr 4 2012, 12:36 AM) *
So its a win win situation for the office

Well we all want to help out MS....

So now we know what to do....

UrbanLamb ? Fire up the PNG generator!
Corthew stop trying to perfect that animating stuff and get some crap on the queue.
Your company needs you!

laugh.gif

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Apr 3 2012, 1:42 PM
Post #44

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 341

She put them all on You Tube and they didn't have a problem with that on You Tube but even there she isn't getting very many views. And they don't get a lot of views here either. So it really isn't taking anything away from the rest of the videos on Moviestorm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Armanus
post Apr 3 2012, 7:49 PM
Post #45

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,721

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 2 2012, 04:09 PM) *
If it happens again, just reupload your movie to the same file and it will move your own movie to the front of the line.

Four words: You shouldn't have to. If it was due to several people uploading movies around the same time, then it would be something to consider, but that is not the case here.

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Apr 3 2012, 04:56 AM) *
In the situation that you mention, we would consider that spamming and we would remove the posts. The situation that is being discussed is slightly different, as the forums are not being spammed. At the moment (with our current guidelines), that's where the line is drawn.

I'm glad you would react that way with the forum, and that there is a line. It seems though that the line is merely MS or not MS. The forum example I mentioned is a direct correlation to what is happening in the movie section. Spam is spam, but MS-created spam is not considered spam.

Chris, I don't know if I would agree with that. A potential investor is likely going to check out the site. Upon doing so, I think the first reaction when seeing that would be either "there is only one person making movies and posting them" or "is this a spam portal?"
And even if they didn't and invested, they want a return on that. How many new members (potential paying customers) do you think would have second thoughts about using the software if they had the same first reactions?

I know this is kind of a rock-and-hard place thing for MS, and I respect whatever you choose to do or not do. Pretty damn slippery slope here though. Pandora could relate wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Apr 3 2012, 7:52 PM
Post #46

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 341

Armanus, you don't have to reupload the entire movie. What I mean is you don't have to delete the one you have in there. You just upload a new file to the same movie and that puts your movie in the first slot. It is pretty easy to do that you know.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: