Reply to this topicStart new topic
Installed wrong? If so, uninstalling question...

elmerlang
post Apr 8 2012, 7:27 PM
Post #1

Film Critic

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,299

Hi--I tried using MS a couple years ago and want to give it a go again. I downloaded the app, installed on my Macbook Pro/OS 10.6.8 and then saw at the bottom a note saying I should be logged in under an acct with admin privileges before installing. I was not logged in. So, did I install wrong and will it cause problems? (As prep to uninstall I searched for the Cg-3.0.0005.app but couldn't find. Odd. I installed it.)

I have an old account from years ago, does it have admin privileges?

If ok, I am looking to buy the Max option. Will I need to uninstall before installing that suite?

Sorry, just a bit confused here at the beginning.

Thx,
elmer lang

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Apr 9 2012, 3:47 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 341

I believe the staff is out of the office today but they should be back tomorrow so one of them will have to answer your question.

--------------------

+Quote Post
elmerlang
post Apr 9 2012, 6:24 PM
Post #3

Film Critic

Hi--Thanks for the reply, lucindamc123.

You don't know how serendipitous this feels! On Saturday I was looking at a post of yours from a couple years ago because I googled re MS having any hospital stuff as I want to do a flick of a story set in a hospital. You apparently had made a hospital bed.

I would appreciate it very much if I could use that, with proper credit of course, it was a fab looking bed. Can I still download it somewhere?

And is there any hospital content such as surgical masks, doctor's white coats, surgery tables, nurse outfits (are such things called 'mods')? I see there are wheelchairs and maybe patient gowns in free content, but was curious.

Hope I haven't overloaded your circuits, and btw you do great work, I enjoyed your trailer!

Thanks again,
elmer

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Apr 9 2012, 6:59 PM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

yes there is a wheelchair which is a Moviestorm addon and I believe it is one of the bonus content addons. There is a doctor uniform and a nurse uniform and surgical masks. I made a lot of hospital props and you can see them in this movie:

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/inde...p;vid_id=105131

There is also an ambulance interior in this addon and whole lot of other hospital things that are very useful for a medical movie.

To download the addon go to this link:

http://lucindamc123.com/TMGHosp.rar

--------------------

+Quote Post
elmerlang
post Apr 9 2012, 8:32 PM
Post #5

Film Critic

Wow! Wow! That's great stuff, Lucinda. Thanks so much for creating and offering to others for use. Wow! I downloaded props and babies--whoopee!

O no o no, here I go again: Just curious, I'd been told no babies or tall or wide characters are possible with MS. I see your babies. Are there any tall or wide characters out there anywhere?

Thanks again, great stuff from your treasure chest.

elmer

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Apr 9 2012, 8:57 PM
Post #6

Master Director
Group Icon

Well thank you. In one of the Moviestorm costume addons. I think it is the 1 AD one,you can make a character fatter.

The characters and animated animals I make are animated props, but they work pretty well in Moviestorm. At least we have children now. Glad you like the addons. I make a lot of movies and so I make a lot of props and other things for Moviestorm and then I like to release them to everyone to help them with their movies. I have been drawing and painting since I was old enough to hold a crayon (both my parents were artists) so creating models is very easy for me to do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Apr 16 2012, 9:28 AM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

I believe the importance of being logged into an admin account on your mac is so that your install can be used by all user accounts on your mac. You may not be able to install it at all if your mac account is not an admin account, or if you can, it is likely that only that account would be able to use Moviestorm.

If you have installed it, see if it works - if it does, and objects appear on set when you choose one of the starter movies, then it is fine.

The trial version converts into the full version - it's not the install that changes, but your Moviestorm account, which allows the full access.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: