Creating hand held props, Make Moviestorm HH props stacked on and hidable

lucindamc123
post Apr 15 2012, 1:12 AM
Post #1

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 341

I need to learn how to do this and I thought there would be a tutorial somewhere on the forums so that I could learn it. If anyone knows where this tutorial is, could you please post a link in this message. I really appreciate it. I need more hand held props for Vautrin and I am going to have to make them myself.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nahton
post Apr 15 2012, 1:19 AM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 118

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/hub/modding/modding2

On the bottom of the page.

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Apr 15 2012, 1:36 AM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Apr 15 2012, 1:40 AM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

Does this mean you can only use 3D Studio Max to create hand held props? I thought you could use Milkshape or Misfit too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Apr 15 2012, 2:44 AM
Post #5

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 15 2012, 01:40 PM) *
I thought you could use Milkshape or Misfit too.

You can. I'm pretty good at it.

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
Reacher
post Apr 15 2012, 2:46 AM
Post #6

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,170

Well you can download my tutorial on creating held props in Misfit and Milkshape here

You were actually the first one to comment when I posted it, but I guess you never had time to look at it.

-- Reacher

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Apr 15 2012, 2:56 AM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Reacher @ Apr 14 2012, 08:46 PM) *
Well you can download my tutorial on creating held props in Misfit and Milkshape here

You were actually the first one to comment when I posted it, but I guess you never had time to look at it.

-- Reacher

Thanks Reacher, you are right, I haven't had time to learn this but now I really have to be able to do it.

And thanks to you too Primaveranz. Yes I know you are good at this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
urbanlamb
post Apr 15 2012, 4:59 AM
Post #8

Master Director

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,284

yeah sorry lucinda I did post that I had pretty much given up. To much farting around I was up all night just trying to get a dummy set up to work.

Maybe one day they will update their modshop and importers for now I am satisfied just maknig movies with static props and whatever they provide in the moviestorm assets. If I need to get fancy and make something animated myself I go to iclone.

I am only willing to spend so long doing things the "hard way" then i realize i am crazy for wasting time making animations I will not be happy with. I got as far as getting the hammer to show up and dummy animations made. The good animations were upside down and backwards.

So I figure 1 week to animate a hammer is long enough to call it quits.

*hopes and preys one day moviestorm updates things to make it possible to make things without me standing on my head and running my stuff through crap software with bad interfaces that make me go blind*

+Quote Post
urbanlamb
post Apr 15 2012, 5:02 AM
Post #9

Master Director

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,284

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Apr 15 2012, 02:44 AM) *

lol no comment is that to go with your camel?

I know everyone here is a moviestorm fan and I do prefer their interface to iclone I just dont believe people should have to turn themselves inside out to use software that costs money when its possible to make things more um well usable.. lol

i tried i lost sleep I hated the results and gave up. smile.gif The hammer looks cool though.. i am uh using it elsewhere.. now.. lol

/shrug

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Apr 15 2012, 5:06 PM
Post #10

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (urbanlamb @ Apr 14 2012, 10:59 PM) *
yeah sorry lucinda I did post that I had pretty much given up. To much farting around I was up all night just trying to get a dummy set up to work.

Maybe one day they will update their modshop and importers for now I am satisfied just maknig movies with static props and whatever they provide in the moviestorm assets. If I need to get fancy and make something animated myself I go to iclone.

I am only willing to spend so long doing things the "hard way" then i realize i am crazy for wasting time making animations I will not be happy with. I got as far as getting the hammer to show up and dummy animations made. The good animations were upside down and backwards.

So I figure 1 week to animate a hammer is long enough to call it quits.

*hopes and preys one day moviestorm updates things to make it possible to make things without me standing on my head and running my stuff through crap software with bad interfaces that make me go blind*

That is okay. I really thank you for your effort and if there is anything I can do for you, voice overs or props or whatever, let me know, I will be happy to help you out too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Apr 18 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #11

Master Director
Group Icon

I had an idea of something Moviestorm could do if it were possible is to make their hand held props able to be stacked on and also hidden. That would make it so easy to create hand held props. Do you think you could do this?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: