Embedding Code problem, It alost works

PapaG
post Apr 20 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #1

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 4,574

I am working on a new website for "Star Wreck" using "Muse(code name)" an Adobe Product that is still in beta for making website's. at first I thought it was just muse being in beta that was cause to my problem. but Dream weaver (not in beta) Merited the same results

the problem is that (the moviestorm embedding code generated by this site) causes an error message to pop up in the web browser, looks like
THIS:
Attached File  Untitled_1.jpg ( 115.82K ) Number of downloads: 8

after clicking ok the video play's fine but the error message poping up is a bit annoying, especially when I am using a light box widget to place all 7 videos on one page as the error message pops up 7 times just watch one video and when you go to the next video it dose it again!

the new site dose not have its own domain yet but the still under construction Star Wreck (beta) site can be viewed on my Graphic Design Portfolio website http://geraldsgraphicsdesign.ca/star-wreck.html

sample embedding code from this site
<object width="512" height="310"><param name="movie" value="http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/swf/player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vid_id=106689&MainURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moviestorm.co.uk%2Fcommunity&em=1"><embed src="http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/swf/player.swf" flashvars="vid_id=106689&MainURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moviestorm.co.uk%2Fcommunity&em=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" width="512" height="310" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

**edit** mind you that was running the website from my hard drive , the site is not working at all with my web domain provider!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
andy_price
post Apr 21 2012, 4:29 AM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,442

cant check your site, cause all the image links are broken, but at first glance at your popup you provided, I would suggest it is a firewall problem

--------------------

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Apr 21 2012, 7:15 AM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE (PapaG @ Apr 21 2012, 10:57 AM) *
I am working on a new website[/url]

While you are working on this PapaG, please take the opportunity to get someone to check the grammar and spelling on the site. I seem to remember noticing that the titles in the first StarWreck I watched were so riddled with typos it detracted from the whole experience.

It doesn't take much effort but it is really worth it, especially if you want to show them in festivals and have them taken seriously. It looks so unprofessional otherwise.

Just to help you out..... there are at least 10 in your welcome message wink.gif

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
PapaG
post Apr 24 2012, 3:09 PM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,574

Ok Embedding code work's fine running off the server!

So that's my bad, the error only occurs when testing the site off my hard drive! so I don't know whats up with that
maybe what Andy Price said! somethings up with my firewall when testing off my Hard Drive

as for the Images not loading, my web host server is case sensitive, i had to change "Images" to "images" on the sever this of course then broke my original web site but at this point I have fixed that now too

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Apr 21 2012, 07:15 AM) *
While you are working on this PapaG, please take the opportunity to get someone to check the grammar and spelling on the site. I seem to remember noticing that the titles in the first StarWreck I watched were so riddled with typos it detracted from the whole experience.

It doesn't take much effort but it is really worth it, especially if you want to show them in festivals and have them taken seriously. It looks so unprofessional otherwise.

Just to help you out..... there are at least 10 in your welcome message wink.gif

Well I welcome the help I know my spelling and grammar is natrotious my mom looked at it and found 2 spelling errors so Ill fix those when I have time but where the other 8 are is beyond me

--------------------

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Apr 26 2012, 6:36 AM
Post #5

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE (PapaG @ Apr 25 2012, 03:09 AM) *
Well I welcome the help I know my spelling and grammar is natrotious my mom looked at it and found 2 spelling errors so Ill fix those when I have time but where the other 8 are is beyond me

Easy tip. Paste your text into Microsoft Word (or the Open Office equivalent) and use the built-in spelling/grammar checker. It will give you a good start at least.

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: