Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 11,729

I'm such a parrot.

Great job.smile.gif

Those will come in handy. smile.gif

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
urbanlamb
post Apr 28 2012, 12:55 AM
Post #22

Master Director

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,284

QUOTE (corthew @ Apr 28 2012, 12:20 AM) *
I'm such a parrot.

Great job.smile.gif

Those will come in handy. smile.gif

lol hi parrot smile.gif

I am glad they are useful even if they aren't the smoothest

let me know if they install correctly and its in the gestures menu
lol i haven't tested it but I am pretty sure (even though the puppets legs are folded up ) that you can "walk" the puppet around like that. I was playing with it a bit at one point having a bit of a chuckle.. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
urbanlamb
post Apr 29 2012, 8:10 PM
Post #23

Master Director

err here is my "final" set for this avatar

I have to say that well they suck smile.gif

there seems to be an issue when they have certain clothes on among other things with the way the avatar is weighted.

I have done the best I can do given the primitive frustrating toolset I was using lol anyhow they do work. I will upload a second video for them in a second. Unfortunately I tried to improve them and well I dont think it helped much. The clipping was eliminated and you can see the movements better, but it seems I traded on set of problems for another. Anyhow here is the link..

http://www.pixel-junkies.org/addons4movies...ving_anim_2.zip

the file is large I left in a bunch of sounds I was using. I tried to associate them with the animations in a "events" it sort of worked but my clips were not seamless enough so I removed the events in the final publish and the sound clips should be in the folder sound/vehicles if you want to mess with them. They are from freesound.org originally although I did some mixing and messing around with them. They are used in the video anyhow..

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/inde...p;vid_id=108161

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Apr 29 2012, 9:35 PM
Post #24

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 341

Beautiful. I just downloaded and installed and tested it and it works perfectly. Thanks so much for doing this. Hope you plan on doing more animations as we can use them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
urbanlamb
post Apr 29 2012, 11:15 PM
Post #25

Master Director

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 29 2012, 09:35 PM) *
Beautiful. I just downloaded and installed and tested it and it works perfectly. Thanks so much for doing this. Hope you plan on doing more animations as we can use them.

rofl they are pretty bad and I dont think I will be doing more for a long time. I dont enjoy making things that make me go "yuck" but since nothing else exists its better then nothing.

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Apr 29 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #26

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 341

QUOTE (urbanlamb @ Apr 29 2012, 05:15 PM) *
rofl they are pretty bad and I dont think I will be doing more for a long time. I dont enjoy making things that make me go "yuck" but since nothing else exists its better then nothing.

You are too self critical. They are wonderful. You have a lot of talent as an animator and a film maker too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Apr 30 2012, 11:02 AM
Post #27

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

Well done on getting new gestures into Moviestorm.

And now the advice step:
Your animations all seem to be lacking a start state - this means that they can follow any other animation, but often they will jump in position.
Ideally one wants to have an animation chain where one animation starts in the position another one finishes. To do this, you need to have a shared pose between the two animations, and to set the start state for the second one to have the name of the end state for the first one. Even better is having several animations that all start and end in the same pose (eg hands on the wheel), then one can choose any of them as the next animation, and not have any jumps.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
urbanlamb
post Apr 30 2012, 4:40 PM
Post #28

Master Director

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 30 2012, 11:02 AM) *
Well done on getting new gestures into Moviestorm.

And now the advice step:
Your animations all seem to be lacking a start state - this means that they can follow any other animation, but often they will jump in position.
Ideally one wants to have an animation chain where one animation starts in the position another one finishes. To do this, you need to have a shared pose between the two animations, and to set the start state for the second one to have the name of the end state for the first one. Even better is having several animations that all start and end in the same pose (eg hands on the wheel), then one can choose any of them as the next animation, and not have any jumps.

I might try again later on with them. Its very hard to animate anything in milkshape. I had a start state at one point but it didnt work well smile.gif. Anyhow I might add it later on again. Unfortunately his arms are all distorted at points and I just can't see what I am doing so I dont think its worth spending anymore time on. If I had blender available they would be done properly but its super hard to see what your doing in this software or fragmotion so its giving me very unsatisfying results smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: