Welcome to the Education group

matt
post Nov 25 2008, 2:58 PM
Post #1

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 4

We have several people using Moviestorm as an educational tool in schools, youth clubs, arts groups, film schools, and universities across the world.

Whether you're a teacher, or an educational researcher, or a student wondering how this can be used in a classroom, use this group to ask questions, suggest ideas, or relate your experiences with Moviestorm.

--------------------
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quest
post Dec 27 2009, 3:44 AM
Post #2

Moviegoer

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,998

yes it is benifit for the children to teach them nice
dry.gif

+Quote Post
xpurex13
post Nov 12 2011, 4:34 PM
Post #3

Moviegoer

Member No.: 22,951

Hello everyone I am new to this forum.

+Quote Post
xtramator
post Feb 25 2013, 4:49 PM
Post #4

Upcoming director

Member No.: 19,238

I just filled out the educational survey form. I was able to get past the address field by putting the address number in the first line, the street name on the second line, the state on the third line, the country on the fourth line and the zip code on the last line. I am just trying to help. I have never seen a from filled out like this before.

+Quote Post
xtramator
post Feb 25 2013, 6:26 PM
Post #5

Upcoming director

Member No.: 19,238

I want to welcome all of you to the education Moviestorm community. My name is Ralph Sherman and I am a freelance graphic artist in the USA with a bachelor degree in Art Education K-12. I am currently working in the education market, creating content with Moviestorm for a learning management system called Eduperior that is based in Dallas, Texas. This project is a blended course on communication skills and the course is being taught in Texas. Among, other tools that I use, Moviestorm is my favorite because it is so powerful, yet easy to use. So far on this project, I have created 10 videos and will do 30 more before this job is done. I work from my studio in Portland Oregon, through the internet, with people from around the world. My last Moviestorm project was for the Peruvian government, in South America. It was produced to help battered women learn about the social services that were available to them. That video, which took up 3 CDs, was done entirety in Spanish, even though I don't speak Spanish.

I have briefly shared some of my experiences using Moviestorm to model some of the ways Moviestorm is being used professionally. Just by being here in this forum, you have demonstrated an interest in finding new and creative ways to teach your lessons. There are many ways to use Moviestorm in the classroom as is being demonstrated everyday by students and teachers from around the world in classrooms of all ages. Since video educational content creation is a growing business and people with those skills are needed, why not design your blended learning project based classes around those skill sets?

Flip your class by having the students work collaboratively and cross curricular to capture your lesson's lecture and other content digitally. There are several advantages to doing it this way. First and foremost the students will be engaged. Next, they will learn to work collaboratively. They will also learn your lesson in the process of making a video about it. Once, your lesson is turned into a video log (Vlog), video documentary (ViDoc) or other multimedia video based asset it can be used over again and shared with the world on YouTube, or your school's website.

Why flip your classroom, you may ask? Flipping your classroom, allows the teacher greater opportunity to differentiate instruction. How is this accomplished? By recording your lesson in this way and making the resulting ViDoc the "homework", the students will have access to the details of your lesson to study and review as often as needed outside of the classroom over the internet. Then what use to be the "homework" is done in the classroom, where the students can help each other and you can move among them and differentiate your instruction accordingly.

I foresee a day when schools, who embrace this concept, will have a core of students who work with the school capturing, creating, producing and exhibiting teachers' lessons. Rather like they do now for the school's newspaper or website. Their new skills and productivity will add value to their educational institution and community at large. If you can envision this as well and want my help making it a reality in your school, then please contact me. I will be starting a forum topic on Flipping Your Classroom with Moviestorm, so you can participate in the discussion.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  cubiertasycds_v01.jpg ( 681.81K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  video_capture_spanish_captions.PNG ( 326.34K ) Number of downloads: 3

+Quote Post
oborovo
post Oct 23 2013, 9:55 PM
Post #6

Moviegoer

Member No.: 100,552

Hi. I am using the educational version. I cant seem to be able to place the characters that i have created on the scene. I clicked on them and then clicked on the set, but nothing happens.
Please help

+Quote Post
mystery_egypt
post Oct 23 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 9,538

After selecting the character, right click in the scene where you want to place it and choose "place here".
Does that work for you?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: