Welcome to the New Look Moviestorm website!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

Hope everyone is finding their way around no problem. I've got a couple of bits and pieces to mention and will add to this post as we find other issues.

First, almost everything from the old site and forums should be transferred over with a few exceptions:

1. Your PMs - Sadly, in the rush, we forgot to ask everyone to back any up that they wanted to keep. Sorry! If you've lost something particularly important, PM me and we will come up with a way for people to access the old forums to retrieve them (thanks Tari for the suggestion).

2. Forum Avatars - If you never uploaded yours to the main site. If you had an avatar on the main moviestorm site, you should still have it. If you only uploaded to the forums, it's gone, sadly, though 1. might be an option in a desperate emergency.

3. Tributes - These are now Channel comments and didn't migrate.

4. Thumbs Up - There was no way to resolve thumbs up with the new Star system, so you'll need to bug your friends if you want to be rated. The good news is that the ratings are actually used for somethig now - you can search the Community site for highest rated movies.

5. Competitions - We still have records of all the winners, but have no place to display them yet. We'll probably be using groups for this in future.

6. Don't forget that Points have now been discontinued. You can still buy stuff with your existing points, 'though this too will end on June 1st. You won't get points for referring friends, but of course, you can still tell friends about Moviestorm: http://www.moviestor...;section=invite

Hmm - that's all I can think of for now. Feel free to reply to this thread with other issues or leave your feedback in the Website feedback forum.

Enjoy!

#2 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:27 PM

I love it all. It's all so awesome. So many of the features I've wanted are here now. Great job to everyone involved.

#3 Overman

Overman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

A brilliant update, and brilliantly executed. Companies with ten times your staff are prone to drop the ball on these kinds of things; you rocked the house.

Congratulations, guys! Love it, love it, love it.
Phil "Overman" Rice
Zarathustra Studios - http://z-studios.com
You can connect with us On Twitter, On Facebook, On YouTube, and On Vimeo.

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9175 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

My movies will not play but I always convert them to FLV before I upload and thus they are small files and should have no problems playing.

#5 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:37 PM

Great job overall, Lisa (and Ben)! Just thought I'd mention, though, that the ".alpha" banner is still up. wink.gif

Also, I see options to edit a movie's description or to remove it entirely, but have we lost the capability to replace the actual video with an updated version, without nuking prior comments and the like?
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#6 Overman

Overman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Overman @ May 12 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A brilliant update, and brilliantly executed. Companies with ten times your staff are prone to drop the ball on these kinds of things; you rocked the house.

Congratulations, guys! Love it, love it, love it.

Phil "Overman" Rice
Zarathustra Studios - http://z-studios.com
You can connect with us On Twitter, On Facebook, On YouTube, and On Vimeo.

#7 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

Well you did it! Congrats to everyone at Moviestorm for your hard work. I feel as though I lived through the birth of this new site thanks to your constant twittering!

#8 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 12 2009, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My movies will not play but I always convert them to FLV before I upload and thus they are small files and should have no problems playing.

Hi Lucinda. Do you remember if they played when we did the Pioneer viewing? It actually might be because you convert to FLV, but we'll have a look in the morning when Ben gets in.

#9 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

And thanks all! Glad you enjoyed the tweets!

#10 halool

halool

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:08 PM

haythammm told me he needs help because the site still not working on his pc

he tried to restart pc but no change

what to tell him?

#11 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

Can you find out what Operating System and browser he's using? And the error he gets?

Also, what country. Sometimes it takes a really long time for DNS to get everywhere.

#12 halool

halool

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (halool @ May 12 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haythammm told me he needs help because the site still not working on his pc

he tried to restart pc but no change

what to tell him?

country egypt,, operating system: windows XP or Vista,, one of them i am not sure exactly

#13 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (halool @ May 12 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
country egypt,, operating system: windows XP or Vista,, one of them i am not sure exactly

It's a good chance it simply didn't make it to Egypt yet.

Alternatively there's another server bug a user has noticed. See if there's a difference between accessing:

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk

and

http://moviestorm.co.uk

#14 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (equinoxx @ May 12 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great job overall, Lisa (and Ben)! Just thought I'd mention, though, that the ".alpha" banner is still up. wink.gif

Also, I see options to edit a movie's description or to remove it entirely, but have we lost the capability to replace the actual video with an updated version, without nuking prior comments and the like?

Sorry - missed this thread!

Hmm. Not sure. We'll have a look. May have done, since the software was designed by someone else. Might be possible to fix, but not right away.

#15 halool

halool

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

i told him also what u said,,,

when do u think its gonna be solved???

he is so sad, sad.gif

#16 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (halool @ May 12 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i told him also what u said,,,

when do u think its gonna be solved???

he is so sad, sad.gif

Aw! Sadly it's not up to us. A user in Canada had the same problem but was able to use a proxy server and saw the site fine. It can be up to 72 hours, apparently.

In the meantime, if he googles "free proxy server" he might find one that works.

#17 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:55 PM

No bugs found here, but I just wanted to add to the praise...the new site is fantastic! I love the additions you have made, and although it will take a little getting used to, it seems a LOT easier to navigate. Great work all of you biggrin.gif

#18 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

Congrats on a smooth switch to the new site, SF! For some reason, it seems better than the beta! Now I gotta do some exploring, tweaking, etc etc. Gads, I have a lot of catching up to do. blink.gif

#19 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:03 AM

Yolise, if you're collecting requests for going forward, I'd love more skinning templates for our channels biggrin.gif

#20 Jack dEmilia

Jack dEmilia

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

I liked the old style but I love the new look... awesome!!!