2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Important information for users with nVidia graphics cards, Drivers (version 190.38 & 190.62) cause significant problem

ptn
post Feb 15 2010, 6:05 PM
Post #21

Wannabe film-maker

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,815

Hi Primaveranz, I 'm not sure if I know exactly what you mean?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Feb 15 2010, 8:19 PM
Post #22

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 2,534

I think the default "Mighty mouse'(?) setting is to have a single mouse button, as Mac's are designed with that in mind. But you can change the settings so clicking on the left side of the single bug button is separate from the right hand side. I think I had to do that to get the rotation working on a Mac. but maybe you already have a two button mouse?

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
ptn
post Feb 16 2010, 2:34 AM
Post #23

Wannabe film-maker

Member No.: 7,815

Thanks Primveranz,

Got the mouse going - and I discovered the I need to hit the 'Command' key on the MAC to rotate an object.

Do I need to download new drivers if I am using a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M?

Regards, ptn

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Feb 16 2010, 3:00 AM
Post #24

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,534

I wouldn't bother unless you are having other issues like this:-
http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/inde...p;vid_id=102976

I gave up using the Mac because it was a friend's and I couldn't figure out how to just download the graphic's drivers without affecting just about every other piece of software on the machine!

If you find out how, please tell me ! wink.gif

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
johnnie
post Feb 16 2010, 4:31 PM
Post #25

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 167

QUOTE (ptn @ Feb 16 2010, 02:34 AM) *
Do I need to download new drivers if I am using a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M?

If Moviestorm is already working on your machine, I wouldn't recommend updating your drivers. Keeping an up-to-date set of drivers is always a good idea, of course, but Apple are pretty good about shipping regular driver updates as part of the system update tool. You'll get them automatically if you accept any suggested updates from Apple.

QUOTE (ptn @ Feb 16 2010, 02:34 AM) *
Got the mouse going - and I discovered the I need to hit the 'Command' key on the MAC to rotate an object.

Yes - Mac users should substitute the Command key whenever Windows users would use the Ctrl key.

--------------------
Johnnie Ingram
Co-Author, Machinima For Dummies

QUOTE (The Overcast @ July 23 2006)

+Quote Post
zekiran_immortal
post Apr 6 2010, 7:57 PM
Post #26

Moviegoer

Member No.: 8,673

My problem is that Moviestorm won't even properly install. I don't feel it necessary to change my already-functional video drivers just to install this program. I can't even USE it yet, let alone see if there are any issues I might have. It's already taken at least a day out of my '30 free trial days' because I can't install it.

I would suggest: fix the problems, since they're obviously on your side of the fence. I won't roll back my drivers because I know they work with all my other programs. I have an NVidia GeForce 8800 that works *great* for all my other products and games.

I wanted to try this program out. Looks like I won't be bothering. I also cannot find any information on *removing my account* here, shy of getting it deleted by putting illegal things on my movies or decompiling the program and selling it... Might want to list options for folks who aren't able or willing to bend over backwards to suit your needs, guys.

*unhappy with this*

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: