2 replies to this topic

#1 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 921 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:04 AM

Install and uninstall moviestorm (MS) user addons for 1.1.7x

Firstly make sure that the user addon has been built for the current moviestorm version (pre-117 MS addons are generally incompatible); otherwise you may get yourself into a bit of a bother; may cause MS to crash or cause problems in your 'movies'.

As long as you know how to 'uninstall' no lasting problems will happen though you may lose a movie you were working on that contained the rouge addon features.
Moviestorm 1171 has a unloader/deselector :
()
Deselecting is a great way to allow your moviestorm to run faster... so if you are not going to use the addon content in a movie, deselect it.
--------
Moviestorm doesn't have an 'addon uninstaller'; the only way to delete an addon is to delete an addon directory in the addon directory:

-------------------------------------------------
INstalling user addon:
Here are the steps I take to install a user addon:

1 click on 'Content packs'
2 Click on "Install"
3 a new Open file window opens. (it is very slow in windows7). I like to grab new addons from my desktop, type within the 'file name:' section: '*.addon' then press enter... then find the addon to install above. Click and open.

4. If it's a big file, you will see a popup java progress window, otherwise nothing is shown that the install was successful.. though it should be ready.
5 close "content Packs window
6 click START.

If you come up with errors from your new user addon, you can always uninstall the addon by deleting it's directory in the addons directory. But if you have made any movies with missing addon, that movie will be 'broken'/unusable.

Moviestorm and it's addons tends to be a complex environment, the more it grows.
A good and easy addon error/compatibilities checker and uninstaller would be very welcome. Along with a movie-reconditioned -making it compatible/usable even if there are missing/broken props/addons contained... ;-) maybe in version 2.0 :-)

#2 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

Hi Tree
Love your stuff, BUT I can't seem to get the wall and ceiling texture pack addon to work in 1171. For some reason Moviestorm refuses to see it in the addon directory.

Regards,
Craig

#3 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 921 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (writerly @ Oct 26 2009, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Tree
Love your stuff, BUT I can't seem to get the wall and ceiling texture pack addon to work in 1171. For some reason Moviestorm refuses to see it in the addon directory.

Regards,
Craig

Hi Craig,
problem reports are welcome. The texture pack is so simple the most likely thing that would have gone wrong is that the default 're-install' deselects the addon:

(simple to fix:) make sure that addon is selected (ticked) then re-start.

If that doesn't fix; uninstall/delete then re-install the addon. check to see it's 'selected'. Open my textures 'set' that you can find in the sets section; a good way to test the addon and just about all the textures from the addon.