Reply to this topicStart new topic
license for education use, license for eduction use

sdidriksen
post Jan 4 2010, 7:28 PM
Post #1

Moviegoer

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,169

I am new to MS and teach at a secondary school. I did not find any references when I searched the forums so here it goes. I have a large video class and want to use MS to help the students see the movie making process. My question has to do with licensing of the software. Can I install MS on several machines in my classroom so they can work in groups or is there a license limitation? Reading the license when I installed it on my PC seemed to limit the installation to only one machine. Any information is deeply appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
johnnie
post Jan 14 2010, 4:00 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 167

Hello there, and welcome to the Moviestorm community.

We're always happy to hear about Moviestorm being used in an educational context, and we've got no problem with you installing Moviestorm on all the machines in your classroom. In fact, the Moviestorm EULA will allow you to do so:

Under this Single User License You may also install the Software on multiple computers, for example a home computer and laptop, provided that You are an authorized user of the computer(s) and that you do not allow concurrent use of the Software by more than one individual.

What we do ask is that each person who uses Moviestorm has a separate Moviestorm login name, so you'll need to ask each of your students to register for a Moviestorm account (which is free, of course). Once they've done that, each student is free to log on to Moviestorm using her own Moviestorm account details, on any computer on which Moviestorm is installed. That means that, should they so wish, your students are free to download and install Moviestorm on their own home computers as well, and can use the same login they use at school.

I hope that clarifies things for you. Send me a PM or an email (johnnie D-O-T ingram AT moviestorm D0t co DOT uk) if I can be any further help, and remember to get your students to upload their movies here so we can see how you're getting on!

--------------------
Johnnie Ingram
Co-Author, Machinima For Dummies

QUOTE (The Overcast @ July 23 2006)

+Quote Post
bchtchr6
post Jan 16 2010, 7:31 PM
Post #3

Wannabe film-maker

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,645

We have many students who do not have email accounts and access to a computer at home. Is there a way to register them and tie all the student accounts used at school to a single email account so I as the teacher can monitor passwords and request them to be reset as needed?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: