Reply to this topicStart new topic
Using Moviestorm in Safety Overheads..., Incorporate Moviestorm in work related safety presentations...

steve3416
post Feb 5 2010, 7:30 PM
Post #1

Director

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,134

Hey Everybody

I started to hold off talking about this until next week, when I finally see how it turns out or if my idea is accepted, but decided to post it on this forum section now in case anyone has any input and maybe someone could even use the same idea at their work too.

When I'm not directing movies in Moviestorm, I work a day job to pay my bills for a fairly large Worldwide Chemical Plant and was asked to join a team consisting of 2 other memebers to make slide show presentations consisting of work related safety tips and even some comical work info. These slideshows are then played on monitors in the work canteens and some are even used when giving safety topic discussions.

Currently the other 2 on this team don't make the time to create new slideshows and they play the same slides over and over for months and months at a time. So they found out about me and my videos I do and asked me to join their team. Basically they want me to do all the work for them and said I could come up with anything I wanted except videos. It had to be topics inserted in Power Point style presentations.

Then I remembered that I can do image sequence output with jpg in Moviestorm, so I've been brainstorming ideas over this past week at work and will be working on it over this week and also next week too (I'm even considering using the new Fun Land charaters too). Then if the manager accepts my project slides, everyone at work will be able to see them on several large monitors in the canteens.

You never know...in my world wishful thinking, a higher up in management could notice them and want them on all of the monitors in more than one of their plants.

When I finish I will update this message thread and let everyone see what I'm talking about. If it gets accepted at work, then I will take a couple of photos of the actual monitors with Moviestorm on it and post them here too.
Just thought I would share other ways to use Moviestorm too.
Thanks.
STEVE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Feb 5 2010, 11:24 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 2,534

Go for it Steve!
Good luck - and remember to wear your helmet wink.gif

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
iceaxe
post Feb 6 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 1,592

Yeah, it's always great to hear new ways to that Moviestorm is being used. Just remember to do a full risk assesment in advance; as Primaveranz says, you'll need a helmet, and I would advise the use of safety goggles too. (Not the ones with one red and one green lens though, they make everything stick out, and they make people look blue for some reason.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
sfdex
post Feb 8 2010, 5:42 PM
Post #4

Master Director

Member No.: 4,532

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you can insert video clips into PowerPoint. The video I produce at my day job gets stuck in PPT slides all the time.

Grabbing stills from Moviestorm, though, is a great way to get detailed illustrations quickly. Great idea; I'll look forward to hearing how it comes together.

--------------------
MacBook Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz - 4 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT - Snow Leopard (10.6.4)

+Quote Post
EugeneE
post Feb 9 2010, 6:14 AM
Post #5

Master Director

Member No.: 955

I would also like to say, go for it Steve.

It's great to see that Moviestorm is even being considered for making videos for companies.

Also, it's great to see that Moviestorm is being considered for schools also.

+Quote Post
xtramator
post Dec 6 2011, 8:07 PM
Post #6

Upcoming director

Member No.: 19,238

I see that you are able to make slideshows. I am not able to do this. What do I need to do to get the images to play on the timeline. When I add a new image in the director's view, it replaces the 1st one, but when I move the timeline back the first one replaces the 2nd one and then the 2nd one is gone and will not show up when I move the timeline back to the position that the image was incerted at. Any help will be appreciated.

+Quote Post
Amisha22
post Aug 24 2012, 8:50 AM
Post #7

Moviegoer

Member No.: 28,366

Hi too all, A thoughtful insight and ideas I will use on my website. You have obviously spent a lot of time on this. Thank you!

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Aug 24 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #8

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

Initially: That seems like an interesting use case, Steve. Let us know how it goes.

QUOTE (xtramator @ Dec 6 2011, 08:07 PM) *
I see that you are able to make slideshows. I am not able to do this. What do I need to do to get the images to play on the timeline. When I add a new image in the director's view, it replaces the 1st one, but when I move the timeline back the first one replaces the 2nd one and then the 2nd one is gone and will not show up when I move the timeline back to the position that the image was incerted at. Any help will be appreciated.

Are you using the '+' button that is on the bottom right of the 'Choose and Image' dialogue in the directors view? That should put a 'Change image' activity on the timeline which changes the image on the object when it gets to that time. If you are not pressing the '+' button, all you are looking at is a preview, which goes away when you scrub.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: