Make Me Laugh - A Moviestorm Contest, Prize one year subscription to Moviestorm

lucindamc123
post Sep 20 2010, 2:21 PM
Post #61

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 341

Wonderful, I would like to use some of your music in my films if that is okay with you. For commercial films, the musicians get royalties if the film gets a distributor and for the paid for short clips I am doing, i pay directly. I just listened to your music and it is great. By the way, the movie Iced was much better with your music in it!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
plowbrain
post Sep 20 2010, 2:58 PM
Post #62

Novice director

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,665

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Sep 20 2010, 02:21 PM) *
Wonderful, I would like to use some of your music in my films if that is okay with you. For commercial films, the musicians get royalties if the film gets a distributor and for the paid for short clips I am doing, i pay directly. I just listened to your music and it is great. By the way, the movie Iced was much better with your music in it!

Really? Sounds cool just let me know. And thank you for the compliments.

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Sep 21 2010, 5:47 PM
Post #63

Master Director
Group Icon

I am waiting to hear from one last judge and then I will post the results and give out the prizes for this contest. All the entries were great and it has been a very close contest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mystery_egypt
post Sep 21 2010, 5:54 PM
Post #64

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,538

I'm very excited to hear the results - almost nervous.

I agree, the competitors are strong. So good luck to my fellow contestants smile.gif

+Quote Post
plowbrain
post Sep 21 2010, 6:36 PM
Post #65

Novice director

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Sep 21 2010, 05:54 PM) *
I'm very excited to hear the results - almost nervous.

I agree, the competitors are strong. So good luck to my fellow contestants smile.gif

Yes good luck everyone!

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Sep 21 2010, 7:11 PM
Post #66

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (plowbrain @ Sep 21 2010, 06:36 PM) *
Yes good luck everyone!

Good luck to everyone too. I chose outside judges so I am a bundle of nerves too. At least the decision is not up to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
plowbrain
post Sep 21 2010, 7:31 PM
Post #67

Novice director

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Sep 21 2010, 07:11 PM) *
Good luck to everyone too. I chose outside judges so I am a bundle of nerves too. At least the decision is not up to me.

That was the fairest way to do it though! I am glad you did it this way.

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Sep 21 2010, 8:12 PM
Post #68

Master Director
Group Icon

I am thinking of doing another contest but this will be for subscribers, no matter how long they have been with Moviestorm. I would like to see full length feature films made, an hour or more. What does everyone think about that? It would last about 6 months as it takes a long time to make a movie an hour or more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
plowbrain
post Sep 21 2010, 8:18 PM
Post #69

Novice director

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Sep 21 2010, 08:12 PM) *
I am thinking of doing another contest but this will be for subscribers, no matter how long they have been with Moviestorm. I would like to see full length feature films made, an hour or more. What does everyone think about that? It would last about 6 months as it takes a long time to make a movie an hour or more.

Sounds sweet I love contests and competitions.

+Quote Post
Poulet Noir
post Sep 22 2010, 6:17 AM
Post #70

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,759

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Sep 21 2010, 08:12 PM) *

I think it's an interesting and challenging idea. My one concern is that you'd get very few entries. And, believe it or not, I think six months may be too short a time-span. Personally-speaking, I struggle to complete even ten-minute features within a couple of months!

Perhaps it's asking too much to jump straight to hour-long features? How about starting at thirty minutes? If that's a success, then move up to the hour.

PN

--------------------
"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

+Quote Post
luxaeternam
post Sep 22 2010, 9:15 AM
Post #71

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,041

PN has a good point there. A lot of us have day jobs, so fitting in moviemaking is not always easy.

I can't see myself making anything over thirty minutes long in the foreseeable future, and if I did undertake a feature-length thing I'm pretty sure it would take at least one year.

If you were to pitch at movies between twenty and thirty minutes long then I'm sure you'd have more participants.

--------------------
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Sep 22 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #72

Master Director
Group Icon

Yes full length feature films do take a lot of time, usually a year, but it depends upon how complex the movie is and how many props you might have to make too. Maybe 30 minutes is a better idea. I need to think of a theme though. Maybe though I should leave the theme open and just opt for any movie that tells a story.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mystery_egypt
post Sep 22 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #73

Master Director
Group Icon

I agree that a contest for movies of 60 minutes or longer may have problems to get enough participants, and I think if you settle for 20-30 minutes, there will be more submissions. There is the problem of time requirements (as mentioned before), and also it might be too challenging for some/many users to create an interesting and compelling movie of that length.
As to determining a certain theme/genre: it could work, but could also lessen the number of submissions - that's difficult to judge.

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Sep 22 2010, 5:36 PM
Post #74

Master Director
Group Icon

And the winners of the contest are:

Third Place and the winner of 750 Moviestorm Points is Startrooper for Monday in Heaven

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/inde...p;vid_id=105556

Second Place and the winner of 1250 Moviestorm Points is lorisrizzo for MumbleWHAT?

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/inde...p;vid_id=105554

First Place the winner of a full year's subscription to Movietorm is Danisalza for The Social Network

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/inde...p;vid_id=105527

All other contestants, Boxrocks, MysteryEgypt and Plowbrain get 500 points each. Thank you for entering the contest. I think everyone was a winner here and it was a hard decision for the judges to make.

I am going to distribute all the Moviestorm points now and will send a message to the staff here at Moviestorm to give the first place winner the one year's subscription to Moviestorm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
keithlawrence
post Sep 22 2010, 5:39 PM
Post #75

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,321

Well, tell me who won mellow.gif

Wow, that was fast answer. Even a few minutes before I asked. Amazing laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
luxaeternam
post Sep 22 2010, 5:44 PM
Post #76

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,041

Congratulations to everyone. There are lots of very promising newcomers that I'm glad to have encountered, and that I hope to work with at some stage in the future.
The quality is very high, which makes me wonder, am I just a slow learner, or is Moviestorm getting easier to master (which can only be a good thing!)
Well done to all of you. smile.gif

--------------------
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Sep 22 2010, 5:51 PM
Post #77

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (luxaeternam @ Sep 22 2010, 05:44 PM) *
Congratulations to everyone. There are lots of very promising newcomers that I'm glad to have encountered, and that I hope to work with at some stage in the future.
The quality is very high, which makes me wonder, am I just a slow learner, or is Moviestorm getting easier to master (which can only be a good thing!)
Well done to all of you. smile.gif

They are really good and it also shows how easy it is to learn how to use Moviestorm so I hope more new users will be encouraged to make movies and put them on here for all of us to enjoy. There is also a user on here who is only 11 years old. I will not give out the person's identity but their movies really blow me away and humble me. Great design and computer skills.

--------------------

+Quote Post
plowbrain
post Sep 22 2010, 5:55 PM
Post #78

Novice director

Congratulations to the winners!

+Quote Post
mystery_egypt
post Sep 22 2010, 6:03 PM
Post #79

Master Director
Group Icon

Special congrats to Danisalza!

Also congrats to lorisrizzo and Startrooper!

I agree that all my fellow contestants did a great job smile.gif

And of course thank you very much for the MS Points, I can always use some to try to make my movies better smile.gif

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Sep 22 2010, 7:42 PM
Post #80

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Sep 22 2010, 06:03 PM) *
Special congrats to Danisalza!

Also congrats to lorisrizzo and Startrooper!

I agree that all my fellow contestants did a great job smile.gif

And of course thank you very much for the MS Points, I can always use some to try to make my movies better smile.gif

You are a very good filmmaker and thank you for participating in the contest. All the new users, even though we don't have a lot of them, are very good and it is quality, not quantity that counts.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: