ms_amos
post Oct 8 2010, 3:59 PM
Post #1

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 6,395

Hi Everyone,

As you may have noticed, we are experiencing some server down-time, while we repair a DNS failure.

Unfortunately, this means that downloading and installing Moviestorm may not be possible until the DNS is repaired and we have to rely upon third parties to perform the repair. "Message of the day" information is also likely to be affected, so please do not be alarmed if the launcher displays spurious information.

As always, we will get these problems resolved as soon as is humanly possible and we will update you as soon as we have any news.

Thank you for your patience, and many apologies for the disruption.

--------------------
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
luxaeternam
post Oct 8 2010, 4:02 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 3,041

Had to happen on a Friday! Murphy's law again... sad.gif

--------------------
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

+Quote Post
ehughes
post Oct 10 2010, 5:06 AM
Post #3

Master Director

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,948

+Quote Post
ms_amos
post Oct 11 2010, 1:44 PM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

Hi again,
The DNS server is functioning properly again, and we are taking steps to make sure that this doesn't happen again.
As usual, please contact support.team@moviestorm.co.uk if you experience any problems.
Amos

--------------------
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Oct 11 2010, 6:42 PM
Post #5

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 341

Why won't the thumbnails show up in the movies page? Is that going to get fixed?

--------------------

+Quote Post
matt
post Oct 11 2010, 9:33 PM
Post #6

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Oct 11 2010, 06:42 PM) *
Why won't the thumbnails show up in the movies page? Is that going to get fixed?

Uploads are processed in two stages. The first stage makes a low-res version and creates the thumbnails. The second stage, which take slonger, creates a higher res, more efficient encoding.

During the disruption, the first stage encoding didn't work, so those movies don't have thumbnails (and you'll also see they're mostly duration 0:00). I don't think there's anything we can do about that.

--------------------
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Oct 11 2010, 11:48 PM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (matt @ Oct 11 2010, 09:33 PM) *
Uploads are processed in two stages. The first stage makes a low-res version and creates the thumbnails. The second stage, which take slonger, creates a higher res, more efficient encoding.

During the disruption, the first stage encoding didn't work, so those movies don't have thumbnails (and you'll also see they're mostly duration 0:00). I don't think there's anything we can do about that.

Okay, well if I reupload my movies I uploaded over the past couple of days by just replacing the video, would it then create a thumbnail?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ms_amos
post Oct 12 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #8

Master Director
Group Icon

I'm not 100% sure Lucinda. It may be a good idea to test with one and then replace the others in the same way if it does work.

--------------------
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Oct 12 2010, 1:22 PM
Post #9

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Oct 12 2010, 12:38 PM) *
I'm not 100% sure Lucinda. It may be a good idea to test with one and then replace the others in the same way if it does work.

Yes I am trying this with Sweet Boogen Love, the last movie I uploaded and will see if it works. Can't hurt to try.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Oct 12 2010, 2:33 PM
Post #10

Master Director
Group Icon

Yes it does put the thumbnail and time length on your movie if you go to your My Movies page and edit your movie and just upload it again to the same page. No need to start a whole new upload, just change the movie file.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Poulet Noir
post Dec 3 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #11

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,759

Looks like the movie-hosting part of the website is offline - I can't get the Community page to load...

sad.gif

--------------------
"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

+Quote Post
wyrdness1
post Dec 3 2010, 4:37 PM
Post #12

Film Critic

Member No.: 4,652

It looks like Google has decided this is an attack site. I hate false positives.

+Quote Post
ms_amos
post Dec 3 2010, 4:47 PM
Post #13

Master Director
Group Icon

Hi guys,
Poulet Noir, yes cliphouse was down earlier, so the movies part of the site was affected for a while. Sorry for not catching your posts sooner, everything should be back to normal now.
wyrdness1, you are right. We now have to wait for Googles bots to revisit the site and update its reports for our site. The problem has been resolved, but it will take a while for the messages to go away..

--------------------
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Dec 3 2010, 4:53 PM
Post #14

Master Director
Group Icon

The same thing happened to my website about a year ago and a friend looked at my website HTML and told me it was a link I had posted to someone else's website that was causing the problem. Once I removed the link it was fine.

--------------------

+Quote Post
corthew
post Feb 3 2012, 10:35 AM
Post #15

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,729

What's up with the forums this morning? The header and page alignment is all wrong and pages take minutes to load instead of a second or two.

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post
ms_amos
post Feb 3 2012, 11:09 AM
Post #16

Master Director
Group Icon

Yes, there is a problem. We're looking into it - should be back to full functionality shortly...

--------------------
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

+Quote Post
alteregotrip
post Feb 3 2012, 11:18 AM
Post #17

Master Director

Member No.: 8,135

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Feb 3 2012, 11:09 AM) *
Yes, there is a problem. We're looking into it - should be back to full functionality shortly...

I thought it was odd.. when you mention this thing with google, what exactly do they do to take the site down? Can you give me a clue, because it is still down for me...as well, Loris has uploaded his video to youtube, and youtube (aka google) messed it up by messing with the sound in the story. No copy right infringement but the mention of VanHelsing as soon as the sound quit.. Maybe a coincidence but it may also be the result of iron fisted "copy right" by not even mentioning a name which may be copy written. blink.gif who can say?

--------------------
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

+Quote Post
ms_amos
post Feb 3 2012, 11:32 AM
Post #18

Master Director
Group Icon

HI alteregotrip.
I'm not sure what exactly happens to the site to change the listings, I'm not a engineer so that side of things is akin to wizardry to me.
Your YouTube thing may not even be censorship, it's possible that the sound failed to encode properly? I know it's a bit of a long-shot, but it may be worth re-uploading?

--------------------
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

+Quote Post
alteregotrip
post Feb 3 2012, 11:44 AM
Post #19

Master Director

Member No.: 8,135

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Feb 3 2012, 11:32 AM) *
Your YouTube thing may not even be censorship, it's possible that the sound failed to encode properly? I know it's a bit of a long-shot, but it may be worth re-uploading?

Your site seems back up, the youtube thing has happened to me, & then they wouldn't let me re upload with a message saying I had already uploaded that video.. I will ask Loris to re-upload his video but then I heard the same failure in another video today, also uploaded today.

Not your problem though. You run a great site.. I don't know how the rest of the web relates to it, but bigger does not always mean better.. I will have to look at another video channel host in the future for my own works. Other people already have that.

Thanks though smile.gif

--------------------
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: