Assignment: Experimental Art Film
Queensland Academy for Creative Industries
Create an ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN SCAPE montage highlighting design elements / principles in the environment and a sense of place.
Video – The finished montage should indicate new ways of seeing the environment and the people in it.
Audio – Create a soundscape to enhance visuals using original/Creative Commons experimental/environmental audio.
- Montage Research – what is a montage? (metaphor/montage in Film) – Citizen Kane (continuous edit vs montage); Vertigo – dream sequence; Spellbound – dream sequence designed by Dali; Run Lola Run
- Montage Experimental Activity – choose 10 unrelated images from magazines; number each and sequence to deliver a diversity of meanings recording each sequence and reflecting on it
- Develop Concept – mindmap environmental elements (patterns, textures, colours, objects – including people); what will the work communicate? • Treatment (what will the audience see?)
- Develop Treatment (what will the audience see?)
- Develop Visual & written plans (symbols, locations, composition, montage techniques, editing FX, sound)
- Create a Storyboard of key shots
- Film / capture from Moviestorm considering visual FX and camera motion
- Edit – manipulate with effects, transitions and other imagery to enhance meaning
- Design & lay soundtrack
- Document ideas, experiments and working processes to support your decision making.
- Ages 15-18
- Performing Arts/Visual Arts