Assignment: From Our Correspondent
Create a travel report from a foreign country, in the language of that country.
This was created by Japanese students learning English. They were asked to prepare a one minute talk in the past tense on a trip to a foreign country. This was recorded and then added into MS.
Talk through a series of photographs or videos explaining what they show. Add in more personal information such as whether you liked it and why it was interesting - or not!
You could focus on many different aspects, such as social issues, tourist attractions, history, geography, culture, food, or more personal experiences.
Add extra content on-screen by using text to complement what you're saying.
Add appropriate background music to create atmosphere.
For teachers: benefits to students
- This helps students develop language skills relevant to foreign travel.
- Students are encouraged to find out something about the country.
- Adding multimedia content enables the student to approach the subject in a richer way than just using written text and still images.
- Finding images and music to enhance the presentation requires detailed research.
- Providing narration builds confidence in speaking without needing to do it in front of an audience or camera.
- Creating a multimedia presentation helps develop presentational skills and requires the student to consider what information is best presented using the different media: spoken, written, or visual.
- Ages 14+
- Suitable for groups
Permission is granted to download, copy, and redistribute this page.
More lesson ideas