Assignment: Interview Techniques
Create a short film demonstrating interview techniques.
This video was created by a teacher for an English class.
Pick one of several kinds of interviews: a TV studio style interview, an on the street interview with a reporter, or a job interview.
Show poor interview techniques as well as good techniques.
Show how to interview someone as well as how to be interviewed.
Add on-screen text to explain what technique is being demonstrated.
For teachers: benefits to students
- It's a handy way to demonstrate a range of different techniques.
- It's easier to review and discuss video of an interview than recalling an actual event.
- Students can practice their interview techniques in privacy rather than having to speak in front of a class.
- It allow students to simulate a wide range of different situations.
- Ages 16+
- Suitable for groups, or can be produced by teachers
- English, Media, general career development
Permission is granted to download, copy, and redistribute this page.
More lesson ideas