Assignment: The News
Create a news show focusing on current events.
You can pick a single story and cover it in depth, or a series of shorter news reports to make up a news show.
Intersperse the presentation with still images and video if appropriate. You could do this as a studio presentation or lecture, and display the images on a screen behind the presenter, or cut away to reporters in the field, interviews, and video segments.
Add extra content on-screen by using text to complement what you're saying.
For teachers: benefits to students
- The student is required to demonstrate an understanding of topical events.
- The student will develop a understanding of news media and how they present a topic.
- Dramatic reconstruction makes for a good group project.
- Adding multimedia content enables the student to approach the subject in a richer way than just using written text and still images.
- Creating a multimedia presentation helps develop presentational skills and requires the student to consider what information is best presented using the different media: spoken, written, or visual.
- Ages 14+
- Suitable for groups
- Modern history, current events
A single news presenter in a T.V studio style set ready to give a the news bulletin of your choice. Simply record your work and customize the movie however you wish.
Click the link to download a Moviestorm movie template.
File size: 237KB
Download the file and extract the zip folder to this location:
- Vista, Windows 7, Macs: [Username]/Moviestorm/Movies
- Windows XP: C:/Documents and Settings/[Username]/Moviestorm/Movies
Permission is granted to download, copy, and redistribute this page.
More lesson ideas