Assignment: Travel Channel
Create a short film about a particular region or place.
You can do this using an on-screen presenter, or completely with voice-over.
Intersperse the presentation with still images and video if appropriate.
You could do this as a studio presentation or lecture, and display the images on a screen behind the presenter, or else you can make the images go full-screen.
Add extra content on-screen by using text to complement what you're saying.
Add appropriate background music to create atmosphere, and ensure you have a striking title sequence.
For teachers: benefits to students
- Adding multimedia content enables the student to approach the subject in a richer way than just using written text and still images.
- Finding images and music to enhance the presentation requires detailed research.
- Providing narration builds confidence in speaking without needing to do it in front of an audience or camera.
- Creating a multimedia presentation helps develop presentational skills and requires the student to consider what information is best presented using the different media: spoken, written, or visual.
- Ages 12+
- Geography, social studies, current afffairs, modern history, modern languages
Permission is granted to download, copy, and redistribute this page.
More lesson ideas