• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kibishipaul

kibishipaul

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:08 PM

Sent this earlier in the day directly to Moviestorm but got no reply.

I've just tried to go to the Moviestorm site, but I was blocked by a warning page saying that it is an attack page being used by others to distribute malware. Attaching a couple of screenshots. This is the first time this has happened to me with any site so I'm not sure how seriously to take it. Clicking on the link from Facebook has no problems, just when I try to connect directly. So, is there something we should be careful of or not? Screenshots attached.

kibishipaul

Attached File  screen_1.png   50.44KB   22 downloads

Attached File  screen_2.png   106.73KB   19 downloads

#2 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (kibishipaul @ Dec 3 2010, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sent this earlier in the day directly to Moviestorm but got no reply.

We're aware, we're trying to sort it. Seems we're being targeted by something nasty
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#3 Dave

Dave

Critically acclaimed

• Mods
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:33 PM

We got hacked by some bot net angry.gif
The site should all be cleaned up now. If you refresh any Moviestorm pages in your browser it should be fine.
If you see anything suspicious please let us know.
Chief Bit Shoveller
Short Fuze Ltd

#4 kibishipaul

kibishipaul

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Dave @ Dec 3 2010, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We got hacked by some bot net angry.gif
The site should all be cleaned up now. If you refresh any Moviestorm pages in your browser it should be fine.
If you see anything suspicious please let us know.

Glad to know. Still getting the pop up though. Should I just ignore it?

btw I've just been over at the marketplace and clicking on the free user addon button results in the malware popup.

ps. Like your title 'Chief Bit Shoveler'. Gave me a chuckle smile.gif

Paul

#5 Dave

Dave

Critically acclaimed

• Mods
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

Unfortunately you still get the popup because we have been flagged by Google as distributing malware as a result of the hack. I've requested a review from Google but that may take some time.
In the mean time you should probably be careful around the site just in case we get re-infected...
Chief Bit Shoveller
Short Fuze Ltd

#6 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

I was just coming to report this, but I see you have it all under control.
What I want to know is what the bloody hell is wrong with people, that they have to go around buggering up other peoples sites and generally making assholes of themselves, it is so damn annoying.

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#7 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

The internet brings out a lot of bad in people because they can be anonymous and there are a lot of crazies out there.

#8 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1145 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Dec 3 2010, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The internet brings out a lot of bad in people because they can be anonymous and there are a lot of crazies out there.

How do you know who I am? blink.gif

laugh.gif

#9 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Dec 5 2010, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you know who I am? blink.gif

laugh.gif

I don't but you are nice. Very funny Keith. The majority of the people I have met online have been wonderful. Actually in all my years online, beginning in the early 80's, the only people who have done me harm were people I knew personally, not strangers. I even met my husband online in 1988 and he asked me to marry him before we even met. I said, "Maybe we should have lunch first" and invited him over for dinner and we have never been apart since. And I am who I am. Anyone can look me up online and I have not had any problems from being so public

#10 sfdex

sfdex

Master Director

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:36 PM

That's such a sweet story, Lucinda!

And davidwww, I am with you on this; I just don't understand the mind-set that allows people to maliciously tinker with other people's work. Just infuriating.

And finally, Moviestorm crew, good job staying on top of this stuff!

- Dex
MacBook Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz - 4 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT - Snow Leopard (10.6.4)

#11 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (sfdex @ Dec 6 2010, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's such a sweet story, Lucinda!

And davidwww, I am with you on this; I just don't understand the mind-set that allows people to maliciously tinker with other people's work. Just infuriating.

And finally, Moviestorm crew, good job staying on top of this stuff!

- Dex

Thanks Dex, and to top it off, a psychic predicted this when I was about 25. And my husband is wonderful. Very funny, talented, smart and he has a great job too. Couldn't have done better. And also thank you from me to Moviestorm for staying on top of this. After the first popups happened (as long as you stayed logged in you didn't get them) i started googling Moviestorm and I saw the notices from Google and now they are all gone so it is fixed. When it happened on my site, after I removed the bad link, Google removed all my notices very quickly too.