tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

June Addons releases for (*) my rewards Patrons
3DTree_Affection.addon

Video showcasing the features.

notes: the last 30 seconds shows in-editor a little of what can be done and how not to combine the hug with the "happy hug_hi-five " animation sequences if you like to keep the 2 characters automatically aligned.

------
Bonus Addon for Patrons:
3DTree_ZatZero01.addon

Requires 1.6.4 MovieStorm to fully take advantage of the "object constant speed motion" of walking the prop_characters, prop_animals animations and the startermovie contained in this addon.

Details:

Licence: Yes; Requires licence to your MovieStorm username to use.

Patreon:
Availability:
(To stop "grab and run"..- click here for July 2014 Policy _)

3DTree_Affection & ZeroZat01 addons Available now to successfully processed pledge rewards patrons.
These addons have been licensed to most of the current ( Processed, >30days patronage, ) rewards patrons.

Many Thanks to my valued Patrons, who support my efforts, and honor your pledges with your continued commitment.

WIP for July 2014:
Mutant Blue (Patreon mutant_blue post/video Link here:http://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=625510&rf=93815 )

#2 65radius

65radius

Director

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

Great! That mutant blue looks really something!

#3 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

Some great animations there tree. Fantastic mutant model too, you've been hiding your character creation skills.
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#4 reshonda

reshonda

Master Director

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:50 PM

I love these!!!... What do I have to do to purchase these?... I apologize I went to your web site though was a little confused on how it works:( But I love your work and would like to purchase the animations to enhance my films... Do you have any animations that could kick the door open?
TPC

#5 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:11 AM

Thanks for expanding the repertoire of MS possibilities! These look fantastic.

#6 aroundworld

aroundworld

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Film - writing - directing - aviation - traveling - machinema - reading - acting -

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

Just fantastic tree!

There is no try, only do or do not.

Learn story telling in the MOVIESTORM education forum. 

START HERE:  http://www.moviestor...showtopic=13153

#7 quasimodder

quasimodder

Director

• Pioneers
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (tree @ Jun 29 2014, 5:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
June Addons releases for (*) my rewards Patrons
3DTree_Affection.addon

My am being the wow in this the mod of it ohmy.gif My am being the think in this that you are being the inspired one from the workings of the iClone package yes?
Attached File  package.jpg   68.38KB   15 downloads
Attached File  pigback.jpg   56.45KB   12 downloads
Attached File  five.jpg   66.4KB   7 downloads
Attached File  beijo.jpg   102.4KB   13 downloads

peas quasimodder cool.gif
(So my am being having it off this the day of today in this that there is being the none of it the foot ball sad.gif )

#8 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (quasimodder @ Jul 3 2014, 2:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif My am being the think in this that you are being the inspired one from the workings of the iClone package yes?

Sorry your english confusing, but i think i understand.

Yes. some, Start with some Royalty free version animations from Iclone, miximo et al, But not work directly (nothing automatic ); many hours to edit animations and add extra features to look good in MovieStorm.
New Transitions and interactive timing too.
Many source of animation from MoCap and other places too..but always need to edit sometimes just delete 100% to rebuild again by hand-animations.
The hard thing is to make them look good and to work together with other characters in-game.

#9 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (tree @ Jul 3 2014, 6:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. some, Start with some Royalty free version animations from Iclone, miximo et al, But not work directly (nothing automatic ); many hours to edit animations and add extra features to look good in MovieStorm.
Many source of animation from MoCap and other places too...

Royalty free usually says you can't re-sell models and animations and distribute them in a format that can be extracted (Cal3d). If you're going to use pre-existing files make absolutely certain that they are Open Source and ok to re-sell. I appreciate it takes time to convert stuff and it feels logical to charge for your time, but sadly that's not the case without an agreed contract/business dealing with the original owner. I doubt iClone or Miximo (who make a business from such files) are ok with this, I could be wrong, but I'm not going to go off and read their fine print.

Be careful you're not setting yourself up for trouble. Hell hath no fury like a 3d artist/animator who finds out someone else is selling their work biggrin.gif

QUOTE (tree @ Jul 3 2014, 6:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The hard thing is to make them look good and to work together with other characters in-game.

No, the hard part is to create the motion/model in the first place. Without the position and timing data being right, file conversion is pointless tongue.gif
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#10 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Jul 4 2014, 5:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Royalty free usually says you can't re-sell models and animations and distribute them in a format that can be extracted (Cal3d). If you're going to use pre-existing files make absolutely certain that they are Open Source and ok to re-sell. I appreciate it takes time to convert stuff and it feels logical to charge for your time, but sadly that's not the case without an agreed contract/business dealing with the original owner. I doubt iClone or Miximo (who make a business from such files) are ok with this, I could be wrong, but I'm not going to go off and read their fine print.

Be careful you're not setting yourself up for trouble. Hell hath no fury like a 3d artist/animator who finds out someone else is selling their work biggrin.gif

No, the hard part is to create the motion/model in the first place. Without the position and timing data being right, file conversion is pointless tongue.gif

Trolled by Chris above !!! maybe even quasimodder but not sure because his words didn't seem to translate so well.

Happily I don't share Chris opinions () expressed above, and find them misplaced within my forum post. (should i go to his Addon forum posts then write a post condescend and warn him about the work he does? Make up something and talk about stealing etc...
Try to kill his cred so nobody will trust him??? I'm not a fan of this Trolling.

I have the freedom and right to use parts of my Royalty free assets (to use in any Game engine) from companies such as Miximo within my addons.
If people want to argue about legalities and etiquette, surely this forum post is not the place; way off topic

Chris's saying 'No' (what the hard part is....etc) doesn't make it true or valid for me ... just how he see things.
Just his point of view how things are; his view may not be universal and I reserve the right to totally disagree.
There are many Royalty free companies that make a business of selling 3D Assets. They are made for using in your games/ your addons.
Miximo is just one:

Thank you for your ?concern chris; I've read the fine print... angry.gif

blink.gif Feeding the Trolls: Don't give them fuel but i can't resist one thing:
The Hard part.....LOL
Animation Position and timing can be re-coded easily with the right tools. EG. I completely re-coded, re-timed my curtsy animations with many new layer edits. The keypoints were then moved and changed for better asthetics...

Most animations are generally just like sentences..short without context.. until.. I can cut or add to them to make them relevant to what i'm doing.
This is a great starting point:The framework, a storyboard matrix where i could add new directions, placements and new footsteps onto my Male01/Female01/. bipeds..etc. with my reference data.

At Times, in some situations, there is a scarcity of data to work with when making mesh/animations/music/etc; but only at those times do i need to go old-school CG dev....

It's only hard if one keeps on making things the hard way:
Making things from nothing and scratch is just plane silly.if you do it for everything.....Have the freedom to use it all; re-cycled,old, new and any parts of Royalty free assets too.

LOL

___ back to Topic: Regarding these addons in the first post _____or start your own__thanks

QUOTE (reshonda @ Jul 4 2014, 5:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
reshonda Posted Jul 1 2014, 9:50 AM
I love these!!!... What do I have to do to purchase these?... I apologize I went to your web site though was a little confused on how it works:( But I love your work and would like to purchase the animations to enhance my films... Do you have any animations that could kick the door open?

Sorry Reshonda, no option to purchase these addons at this time.
Confused at being a Patron of 3DTree? If you like to support what I develop and sometimes end up with something you liked, you got to be in one of the rewards slots for more then 30days then 4days into the new month, if your Cred is good I can then licence the latest addon to your username....
Read the activity page to see what people are saying and what has been shown over the last few months.

You can't see all the addons you missed out on over the previous months, but you would enjoy Extra rewards and be able to see some of the past addon WorkInProgress posts.

You could be a Patron of the Arts, it's not a member of some marketplace where you take... what you want.

My Rewards Patrons for last calendar month can pick up their licenced copies at any time.
If you want to know about my projection for the future and policy just read the July update post at the
activity feed to learn more.

No animation to kick a door open; Though it's a very easy and possible animation set (some for the door and some for the human)

-------

Mutant has a new skeleton, Male01 Standard MovieStorm Biped....

#11 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

I, for one, don't really care where these fantastic affection animations found their inspiration. I don't use iClone, I use Moviestorm and soon I can do something in Moviestorm I couldn't do before, so I am very thankful for your efforts, Tree. Piggy back rides, high-fives, hand kissing, etc are part of the universal repertoire of human interaction -- iClone didn't invent them -- and I am glad to have them here in MS soon. smile.gif

#12 aroundworld

aroundworld

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Film - writing - directing - aviation - traveling - machinema - reading - acting -

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:16 AM

Agreed!!!! YAY!

There is no try, only do or do not.

Learn story telling in the MOVIESTORM education forum. 

START HERE:  http://www.moviestor...showtopic=13153

#13 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

I wasn't trolling and I can't see how it wasn't a relevant thread to reply in.

You said your files were from iClone and Miximo, that set off alarm bells and I would hate to see any Moviestorm users get in to trouble including you!

From Reallusion's EULA:
"Content in its native 3D format may not be repurposed into another 3D format for purpose of resale.
1. You are not authorized to sell, resell, sell as, duplicate, distribute, sub-license, publish, market,
or represent - for re-sale or as free objects, any REALLUSION CONTENT STORE Content or 'The
Model', or any derivative thereof. "

Chris Ollis

#14 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Jul 5 2014, 4:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't trolling and I can't see how it wasn't a relevant thread to reply in.
---

This is a Addon release forum post: not Chris's soapbox.

Again! Chris is Trolling my posts again... Repeating same point of view for the second time... forcing me to address the issue for the people who have a copy of the above addons:
Regarding Royally free Assets: Derivative doesn't equate to variation
I want to assure people () that No native data or derivatives(parts of the original data) are being re-sold.
Variations (there are no parts of the original data) are OK.
Making the same looking animation is Ok, (EG... A hug animation is a free hug!!!)
The same looking Mesh that has been made before is ok as long as I don't use derivatives.

------------------------------------ Back on Topic .................................
For my patreons who don't already have a copy of the free bonus ZeroZat01 addon, let me know on Patreon so i can post a link to download.
All current patrons (at the time of writing this post) have a licence to both of the addons above.

If you use the "constant speed' option, new within the MovieStorm 1.6.4beta "Movie" and try to bring your Movie back into 1.6.3, your movie will be broken (even if you strip those commands out of your movie)

Many Thanks to my Patreon Supporters. With your support, it helps fund buying more CG tools, computer memory, etc.
Your Feedback in Private Messages and on Patreon activity feed has been very helpful in inspiring more direction... So Thanks to you and keep up your ideas of how to make your experience of MovieStorm even better.

#15 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

Totally on point. Tree does an excellent job! I use his addons 95% of the time. Let the great work continue. I want to become a patron...just a little confused about the process.
My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#16 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

@Delores I followed one of Tree's signature links to here;
http://www.patreon.com/3DTree?ty=a
Hope that helps.

#17 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:36 AM

Thanks kkffoo. Wow, this debate is very interesting.

My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"