• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

Just after releasing 1.1.6 last week, we found a couple of nasty bugs: some of the stock sets don't load properly, and saving animation transitions in the modder's workshop stops other animations from working. Ooops.

There's now an update that fixes these bugs, and a couple of other things.

Full list of changes:

Moviestorm 1.1.6.1
- Certain stock sets and saved movies which didn't load in Moviestorm version 1.1.6 will now work again.
- Saving any animation transition in the modders workshop no longer stops all animations from working in Moviestorm.
- Improved how lighting and Special Effects display for users with shaders not selected.
- Additional fixes to some sound render problems.
- The laptop and television screens no longer show shadows, letting them display their picture better.

Content packs
- The Comedy Set should now load correctly. (Standup)
- The Mountain Road Set should now load correctly. (MountainRoad)
- The laptop and PC screens no longer show shadows, letting them display their picture better. (Bedroom blog)
- The Police Station Reception set should now load correctly. (Law And Order)
- The Stormington Close set should now load correctly. (Streets Bundle)
The Moviestorm Team

#2 RUN415

RUN415

Master Director

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

=====================
"- Improved how lighting and Special Effects display for users with shaders not selected."

Fantastic!
It seems, on my system, the dreaded 'flicker' of set objects has greatly been improved...quite possibly removed?
Thanks a bunch...good work.
There is nothing more distracting (and irritating : ) than a flickering set.
This is going to make lighting dark scenes so much easier.
Yip!
=====================

F I L M S C O R E
GOOD MOVIE MUSIC
And there was much rejoicing...

#3 julian_gold

julian_gold

Critically acclaimed

• Staff
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (RUN415 @ Jul 13 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
=====================
"- Improved how lighting and Special Effects display for users with shaders not selected."

Fantastic!
It seems, on my system, the dreaded 'flicker' of set objects has greatly been improved...quite possibly removed?
Thanks a bunch...good work.
There is nothing more distracting (and irritating : ) than a flickering set.
This is going to make lighting dark scenes so much easier.
Yip!
=====================

Yes indeed, I think that problem has been fixed. I found it almost by accident, it was caused by objects with tinting not leaving the renderer as they found it. Good ol' OpenGL is just very difficult to keep clean.
If I have seen further it is because I have stood on the shoulders of the giant pile of corpses of the myopic masses.

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:14 AM

Is this something we can download because my computer did not prompt for an update when I just started up Moviestorm.

#5 Geiiga

Geiiga

Director

• Pioneers
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jul 15 2009, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this something we can download because my computer did not prompt for an update when I just started up Moviestorm.

I had the same question, but then I checked the version number (on the main screen after you start the application) and it said 1.1.6.1. But I didn't upgrade to 1.1.6 immediately.

My question is this: on the render screen, when actually rendering the video, the red X button now closes the entire program rather than just canceling the render as it used to. It also does not trigger a save dialogue. Since the program seems to leave as default whatever the last render setting was that I used that I no longer want, I frequently cancel rendering almost immediately. Is there a way to do this without closing the program?

#6 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Geiiga @ Jul 21 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My question is this: on the render screen, when actually rendering the video, the red X button now closes the entire program rather than just canceling the render as it used to. It also does not trigger a save dialogue. Since the program seems to leave as default whatever the last render setting was that I used that I no longer want, I frequently cancel rendering almost immediately. Is there a way to do this without closing the program?

Arrgh!
No, there isnt a way - it's not closing, it's crashing (and leaving a crash log which will hopefully help our programmers work out what is wrong). Definatly something we need to fix as soon as possible.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd