• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

Over at the MS development blog, Matt has posted what I think is a very interesting new addition to Moviestorm.

By it's very nature, this can be called an Advanced User's Timeline. In effect, the original timeline hasn't been replaced, or enhanced with new features, but, if you have an ambitious scene, with many characters, cameras, or prop activities, and would like to micro manage it or tweak the scene through the camera view, you can pull up this advanced mode.

It keeps the basic timeline friendly to new users but allows someone with greater needs to move deeper into the realm of control. This hints at a direction that I'm very excited to see Short Fuze take Moviestorm. I wouldn't say that patience is one of my greatest virtues, or that it's a virtue of mine at all, however, I can say that I'm looking forward to any new additions in this direction.

Without even having used the new script editor, I already have a list of things I'd love to eventually see in it.

Exporting of Everything - Cameras, characters, moods, groups of animations, for import into other movies.

Cloning Activities - Copy an entire group of activities from an object (camera, character, prop) to another object within the same movie.

Are those things that are even in the ever growing List? Sooner? Later? Regardless, I'm still hopeful and excited.

Anyone else have any ideas that Matt's post got rolling around in your head?

#2 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:38 PM

Hi Angri, I don't know if this is even possible, but I would like the ability to have the directors view up and then move things like the advance time line off to a second monitor so you could adjust things on the time line whilst watching the results without obstruction.

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#3 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

Wow! I hadn't thought of that. David you're brilliant. I don't know if it'd be possible either but it would be pretty sweet.