• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:39 AM

Well, im back from a hiatus of filmmaking, went to Brazil, played music, made a fool of myself, made love ate exotic food, lived next door to a favela, taught english, learnt portuguese... learned that the more i know, the more i know there is so much to learn. Ya i guess that sound hokey. Oh well.

After more frustrating experiences with Iclone and especially Poser pro, im returning to the faithful MS, where shadows affect characters (unlike Iclone) and characters walk away without leaving their hair and other bodyparts behind(like Poser), and i am looking forward to storytelling and presentations without the production taking months.

I noticed a few people have left, a few have joined up... i now think MS has plenty of life yet, because digital storytelling is a creative process, and MS has, for me, the best tools for creating such productions quickly.

So, hello again - Nice to be back.
Bongoman

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:02 AM

Hello Bongoman! And a big welcome back! Yes there are a few less oldies (but I think a few are still lurking) and we definitely have some interesting new blood around. 

For those of you who don't know Bongoman go and check out some of his vids

e.g. http://www.moviestor...w&vid_id=109161 and 

http://www.moviestor...w&vid_id=109148

Bongo was pushing the envelope before some of us had even got the postage together ;)

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

Thanks Primaveranz, you have always been a class act and a prolific modder here, i have tons of respect for you.
You still living on that lonely pacific island with the Bond-esque name?

Whats up with Machinimods? Every time i call it up the progress bar does nothing and no page, or lack of one ever appears. I guess its shut down? I had a lot of my mods posted there, amd desigmed his front page and logo. Hope at least he gave fair warning the site was going down.
I havent been able to find many places to download all the great mods made by MS modders over the years, are there any sites tjat have them posted?

Do you know if the Male01 and Female01 skeletons are being used in MS still? Ive read talk about a "new" MS skeleton being used, i dont know if its an addition or replacement at this point.

#4 alonzo11208

alonzo11208

Master Director

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

Glad to see you back Bongo!

And yup, MS is still here. Despite all its flaws and the sort, its still here.

If you search around, I do believe some of your mods are still be hosted...somewhere. I do believe i still have a few of your publicly available mods in my MS folder. 

As for the skeletons, the male and female 01 are still being used, but I believe a few people are looking to branch out, adding their own custom skeletons. I believe the latest update also gave way to making tat possible.

Shadows of Fire
Shadows of Fire Encyclopedia

Creater of Shadows of Fire

#5 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

You still living on that lonely pacific island with the Bond-esque name?

Whats up with Machinimods? Every time i call it up the progress bar does nothing and no page, or lack of one ever appears. I guess its shut down? I had a lot of my mods posted there, amd desigmed his front page and logo. Hope at least he gave fair warning the site was going down.
I havent been able to find many places to download all the great mods made by MS modders over the years, are there any sites tjat have them posted?

Do you know if the Male01 and Female01 skeletons are being used in MS still? Ive read talk about a "new" MS skeleton being used, i dont know if its an addition or replacement at this point.

Nah I came back to New Zealand a few years back. It is nice to be cool occasionally ;)

Yeah Machinimods is dead but someone (sorry I forget who) has started collecting lots of the orphaned mods on a new site. No doubt they will chip in.

The Male01 and Female01 are still in use but there is a third skeleton in addition now. It was designed to allow us to have e.g. a child character. Tree has been doing a lot of work on a teenage character but you could also use it for monsters or even... Robots ;) 

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#6 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

Tree has been deveoping some truly amazing things for MS, they should hire him fulltime. Can you imagine how diverse MS would be if he was free to work his magic fulltime?
I will look up my old mods and try to post them when i get time, hopefully within a month or so... but I havent got the new MS yet, had some trouble finding a securable net connection for the download and install (ve been using my cell for internet, and dont want to use public wifi.)
If i find the time i'd like to get cracking on some custom animations for MS, once im up and running... it still needs some work, but i got a MS skeleton rigged as a ragdoll in Blender and have been having some fun throwing it around.

#7 matty894w

matty894w

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

hello

nice to be here

#8 tfish11

tfish11

Director

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

Yo Bongoman, good to see that you're back in the swing again and yes MS is still alive but it needs to do a bit more kicking I feel not enough people contribute to its cause

#9 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

Hey Bongoman,

good to have you back! We need some more of you sci fi input with your excellent skills and modds

I've enjoying some of your modds, well everyones modds. I tend to push the MS envelope a little hard you could say.

look forward to your contributions. 

I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--

#10 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:18 AM

Thanks. Im itching to do just that but still havent got MS in yet, and getting into busy season again.

However, I can still make mods, just cant put them into MS itself... if someone who had some basic modding skills wanted to put the CAF files etc together in MS, then send me a message.
I will probably get MS in the autumn, after busy season, and I will get back in the modding saddle then.

#11 egej

egej

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:writing, jazz, poetry, light Italian cooking

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:33 AM

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.