• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

Here is the teaser trailer to the anticipated upcoming scifi adventure film "The Pathopens Project: The Grey People"

4 years in the making, fans will only have to wait until March 31st, 2012 to see the full film.

Please leave your thoughts and feedback here: http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=107441

You can also view the trailer at TMUnderground here: http://www.tmundergr...fficial-Trailer

Or at the official website here: www.thegreypeople.leefilm.com

Join our facebook fan-page and be eligible to see exclusive content! www.facebook.com/thegreypeople

#2 chatnoirstudios

chatnoirstudios

Director

• Pioneers
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

It' finally out yeah! Great looking trailer!

Chat Noir Studios online: Blog, Facebook, Twitter

#3 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

Awesomeness!

#4 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

Great looking trailer!

#5 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

About bloody time Mister D.L., only been waiting like Four years, my goodness has it been that long since I saw your The Movies version, my how time flys. biggrin.gif

Regards
David

Trailer looking very swish, can't wait to see the full movie.

Moviestorm still Number One

#6 s1e9a8n5

s1e9a8n5

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

What's going on with this project? I just spent the last couple hours searching for the title of it both on here and facebook and it seems to have just vanished. None of the links work. Anyone know what's going on?

#7 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

Yeah, I'd forgotten about this project. Its almost march. Do you know where your movie is?smile.gif

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#8 jakechief

jakechief

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

D.L. has told me that he is going to try to film this in live action now, and so this will not come out anytime soon.
Radio host of "The Storm Hour" Saturdays at 1 Pacific, 3 Central, 4EST, 9Uk, 10EUR, only on www.tmoaradio.com

#9 s1e9a8n5

s1e9a8n5

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (jakechief @ Feb 21 2012, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
D.L. has told me that he is going to try to film this in live action now, and so this will not come out anytime soon.

Well that blows. Kind of a smack in the face to all the people who have been waiting to see this. He should at least release some short clips.

#10 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:03 AM

I would suggest you pass the time reading "Waiting for Godot".

rolleyes.gif

#11 s1e9a8n5

s1e9a8n5

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (Nahton @ Feb 21 2012, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would suggest you pass the time reading "Waiting for Godot".

rolleyes.gif

Nah. I've got plenty of other things to do. It's just disappointing. lol

#12 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 559 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

I apologize for disappointing so many of the fans of the project. The decision to move to a live-action production was not taken lightly and was something I was contemplating for many months even as I worked diligently on the animation.

What it boils down to was this. I have been working on this project for 4+ years now and I spent a lot of time and cash into its making and I was finding myself settling on little nuances that I would have otherwise ignored if it weren't for the amount of time spent on the project. Upon showcasing the working film to several folks outside this community, I found that the majority of criticism was the blocky animation and low-poly look to the characters. A lot of the compliments were cinematography and story and was suggested numerous times that the film would be an excellent low-budget scifi live-action film.

Around the beginning of November, I really began to look at what it would take to get the project started as a live-action low-budget epic. After some number crunching, I realized that I could realistically afford to shoot this film live-action with a mix of CG. What I realized though was I needed to focus on some more live-action projects with heavy visualfx to prepare me for the long run. I could not do this and make a moviestorm film at the same time.

In addition to all of this, lets not forget that I've always been a live-action director. I discovered the wonderful world of machinima when I hurt my back and needed a creative outlet. I'm sure there is many individuals here who have similar stories of how and why we started using machinima. I think there is a lot of folks here who if had the time and resources, would love to shoot live-action and take what knowledge they have learned in Machinima and apply it.

So, instead of investing in hundreds of dollars of bvh files, or a motion capture system, I began investing in things that will help me with everything else I do outside of The Grey People. I invested in a brand new two-camera system for live-action stereo3D, a rig, new software, new live-action stock-footage, sound effects, etc. The lifetime use of this equipment will last much longer than the turn-over in animation software and content.

In the big scheme of things, "The Grey People" has attracted many fans for a reasons. Some fans were disappointed when I went from The Movies to Moviestorm, but when they seen the footage suddenly were on-board. Fans have hated me like George Lucas for going from Moviestorm to Live-Action, and I can tell you when I release footage of it, fans would be equally if not even more blown away.

Thanks to all who have followed the production up to this point. I hope you can quietly anticipate the release of the live-action web-series. If not, I thank you for your support up to this point.

- D.L. Watson

#13 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

I know exactly where you are coming fro D.L. so all the best with the live action version.
Hey put a bit in the credits about your MS supporters won't you? Might be the only way I ever get a mention at Cannes wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#14 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

I hope people also keep in mind that part of Moviestorm's market strategy is for MS to be used as a previz/demo tool for live-action concepts, and in the end that is exactly what happened with this project, even if it wasn't intended at the beginning.
Best of luck to you D.L. smile.gif