• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheBroomOfDoom

TheBroomOfDoom

Director

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:18 AM

One day this site is going to shut down. One very sad day. Most of us will lose contact with each other. That will also be sad. But, I might have a solution to these problems, and maybe to this whole forum.

A Discord Server. If you don't know, Discord is like a better version of Skype. You can sign up here: Discord.com

In discord, you can make servers, with different channels and catergories for different things. I was thinking I could make a server to replace the forums, a bit. Of course we would still use them, but Discord could be great for getting fast answers.

There would be channels for all the topics in here, such as posting mods and getting help. I would be the owner of the server, but we could use some mods who have great experience with moviestorm. I would get everything set up.

Do you guys think this is a good idea?

Free Addons: https://www.mediafir...7w6p/Moviesotrm

Is 11 too young for Moviestorm? Yes, it's against the rules. Shhhhh!!!!

Addon Vault: https://www.mediafir...506d0b547668a28

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:55 AM

I am pretty new to discord, but having used it recently I've become a fan. Would be glad to join if you set it up.

#3 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:09 AM

I've never heard of discord, but my son may have, he's a big online gamer. I'd be open to it as well. I'd like to stay in touch with everyone if possible.

I had thought of some kind of server to preserve MS, if possible, and if it should close down. :(

My son has this huge server board he got yrs ago. Made me think of servers. He has used it to host something or other. LOL

Thanks for the offer.

#4 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 01:18 AM

I think a Discord server sounds like a great idea just in case Moviestorm decides to take down this site.

#5 TheQuestIsTheQuest

TheQuestIsTheQuest

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:40 PM

Hey! After seeing this thread, I went and just as a example made a test discord server for this community! And then I read the first post where Broom said about making one, and didn't want to trample on anything?

#6 HowardHam

HowardHam

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:31 PM

I've not bothered with Discord yet but I will if the community is slowly moving there. Do I need an invite or is it free to join?